Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
(05-08-2021, 11:05)Stairs Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 10:17)BaggieSteve Wrote: If Pereira is being paid £140k per week, good luck to him, it’s not for me to judge his motives although it’s clear that playing at the highest level possible is not one of his considerations. My concern is what transfer fee we have agreed - the figures being circulated don’t seem to match our evaluation- and that the money is reinvested in the squad

Good luck to him but sad he has gone,  Oh well moving on - £20m paid in two stages - not sure the trigger point for part 2.

Stairs, is that the deal? Nothing seems to be forthcoming on the details. Do we know if it’s a £10million/£10million split?
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Fingers crossed Val gets some cash to purchase one or two players.
Can't remember where I read it, but the club was rumoured to need £15 million to balance the books and hence we were only looking at free's - guess we will soon know.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
I just read it was £10m up front and £10 to follow but not any detail on when and why.

Squad numbers just released and updated at top of thread - interesting set of names appearing as Squad players;

Ted Cann GK)
Taylor Gardner-Hicknam, Caleb Taylor, Ethan Ingram and Zac Ashworth (Defenders)
Rico Richards (Midfielder)

We always said the youth should be given a chance - but someone else (wrongly) said you never in anything with them.
Matt Phillips signs a contract extension keeping him at the club until 2024
(05-08-2021, 14:33)Salopbaggie Wrote: Matt Phillips signs a contract extension keeping him at the club until 2024

Bartley also signs new contract till 2023 good day to be a baggie.
(05-08-2021, 16:00)wba13 Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 14:33)Salopbaggie Wrote: Matt Phillips signs a contract extension keeping him at the club until 2024

Now Furlong as well until 2025
These players re-signing contracts must mean that our new Guvnor is making a good impression, methinks
(05-08-2021, 20:36)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 16:00)wba13 Wrote:

Now Ferguson as well until 2025

Ferguson? I wish.
Salopbaggie likes this post
(05-08-2021, 14:04)Stairs Wrote: I just read it was £10m up front and £10 to follow but not any detail on when and why.

Squad numbers just released and updated at top of thread - interesting set of names appearing as Squad players;

Ted Cann GK)
Taylor Gardner-Hicknam, Caleb Taylor, Ethan Ingram and Zac Ashworth (Defenders)
Rico Richards (Midfielder)

We always said the youth should be given a chance - but someone else (wrongly) said you never in anything with them.

That would be "Alan Hanson" on MOTD
Talking about Alex Ferguson's youngsters. ATT.
Beckham - Giggs - Butt  - Scholes - Neville's 
Biggest egg on face comment in history.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Periera to Al Hilal been officially announced.

A good move for him as he's going to be earning this cash that can make him "financially free" while not needing to shift that fat arse, as it's an inferior league.

No mention of the fee which is a bit of a worry. I'm hoping it's at least £20m or we've been done over. Seems a bizarre move but hopefully at least £8-£10m comes back in to reinvest.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »