Thread Rating:
new deals
Hartlepool United have signed forward Mikael Ndjoli on a two-year contract.

The 24-year-old joins Pools following a short spell with Virginia Beach FC in the USA, where he scored four goals in five games.

Ndjoli spent last season with Aldershot Town, scoring six goals in 23 games for the National League club.

"He can play anywhere along the front, he's positive, plays with speed, really good in one-on-one situations," said Pools boss Paul Hartley.

Ndjoli came through Brentford's academy and then joined Bournemouth, who sent him out on loan to Kilmarnock, Gillingham and Motherwell before he moved to the Shots.

He is the 12th signing made since Hartley's appointment on 3 June and said: "I want to get the fans excited and off their seats. As soon as my agent mentioned the move, it was a no-brainer."

Hartlepool start the new season with a trip to Walsall on 30 July.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Hartlepool United have signed winger Ellis Taylor on a season-long loan from Championship side Sunderland.

The 19-year-old joined Sunderland when he was nine years old and signed his first professional contract with the club in June 2021.

He made four appearances for the club during his breakout season last term.

"This is a great opportunity I couldn't turn down and I can't wait to get started," the Hartlepool-born youngster told the club's website.

League Two side Hartlepool United have signed midfielder Mo Sylla on a one-year deal after he left Aldershot Town.

The 28-year-old joins Pools after 30 games at Aldershot last season, scoring twice, following a stint in France with Stade Lavallois.

Sylla also played 51 games for Oldham Athletic, between 2018 and 2020.

"He's aggressive and strong. He adds height and plays forward," boss Paul Hartley told the club website.

"We're looking forward to working with him."

Sylla added: "I have played in the league before so I know how competitive it can be. I'm excited to get started and help the team as much as I can."

Hartlepool United have signed free agent forward Wes McDonald on a permanent deal, with terms undisclosed.

The 25-year-old has scored 10 goals in 121 senior career games, 23 of which came last season with Morecambe before his post-season exit.

McDonald spent time with Crystal Palace, Fulham and Birmingham City but failed to make a first-team appearance.

"I am a direct, attacking player that wants to get the fans excited and off their seats," McDonald said.

"I have had some good conversations with the gaffer [Paul Hartley] and I knew straight away, Hartlepool was where I wanted to be."

Hartlepool have signed midfielder Clarke Oduor from League One club Barnsley on a season-long loan.

Oduor, 23, becomes Pools' 15th signing since the end of last season.

Paul Hartley's side are second bottom of League Two, with two points from six games, having won just once this season, in the EFL Trophy.

Oduor, who has made five appearances this season, is now in line to make his debut on Saturday when Pools make the long trip to Colchester.

Chris Maguire
Chris Maguire has been charged with a breach of betting rules by the Football Association
League Two Hartlepool United have signed forward Chris Maguire on a free transfer.

The 33-year-old left Lincoln City after being suspended following a charge of breaching betting rules from the Football Association.

Maguire still faces potential sanctions, which could see him fined, suspended or banned if guilty.

"We are obviously well aware of his current situation," Pools boss Paul Hartley told the club website.

"We know there is a possibility at some point he may miss some games this season. We have agreed a contract structure that takes this matter into account from the clubs perspective."

The former Scotland international has scored 111 goals in 561 senior games, for clubs including Aberdeen, Sunderland and Oxford United.

Hartlepool United have signed midfielder Matty Dolan on loan from Newport County with the deal turning permanent next season.

The 29-year-old rejoins his hometown club having previously had two stints on loan in 2013 and 2015.

Dolan also had spells at Bradford, Yeovil and the Exiles, where he made 221 appearances since 2017 and captained the side last term.

"I am here to help this team climb the division," he told the club website.

"From my first training session, I can see there is more then enough to get us out of this situation".

Pools are 22nd in League Two and three points above the relegation places with 24 games played

League Two Hartlepool United have re-signed defender Peter Hartley following a spell in Indian football.

The 34-year-old has agreed a deal to the end of the season after recently leaving Jamshedpur.

Hartley made 181 appearances in his first spell with Pools, which lasted from 2009 until his departure to Stevenage in 2013.

"I'm not here for the comfort of home. I'm here to help this team progress," Hartlepool-born Hartley said.

"I have some great memories from my time here and 10 years on, I am just as hungry to create some more success."

Hartlepool are 22nd in League Two and will be away to bottom side Gillingham on Saturday following their FA Cup defeat by Stoke City last weekend.

"Peter has been training with us over the last week and we can see he's a leader, a good character and can still play. His experience will certainly help us," said boss Keith Curle.

Hartlepool United have signed full-back Daniel Dodds from Middlesbrough on a permanent transfer.

Dodds did not make a senior appearance for Boro but played for their under-21 side in the EFL Trophy.

The 21-year-old was on loan at National League North club Darlington earlier this season.

"I've seen him four or five times live and he's got good dynamics. He's got a hunger and desire to improve," said Pools boss Keith Curle.

Details about Dodds' contract and whether any fee was involved in the deal have not been disclosed.

He is Hartlepool's third signing of the January transfer window, following Matty Dolan and Peter Hartley.

Hartlepool United have signed defender Edon Pruti from Brentford B on a permanent deal, with terms undisclosed.

Pruti joined the Bees' second team last summer, playing 14 times in addition to a spell at non-league Slough, after coming through Burnley's academy.

The 20-year-old has been training with Pools, who are second from bottom in League Two.

"He's trained with us and you can see the potential he has got," Pools boss Keith Curle told the club website.

Brentford B head coach Neil MacFarlane added: "We hope that he can go on and have a career with real longevity.

"He is an amazing character; he's been brilliant for the culture and the group and he has a lot of good attributes to go and do well in the league."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »