Thread Rating:
new deals
Hartlepool United midfielder Mark Shelton has signed a new contract to remain with the League Two club.

After signing on loan in December 2019, Shelton signed on a full-time basis in 2020 and has made 94 appearances.

"I am delighted to agree a new deal. We have had some great success over the last few years and we want to continue that into the new season," he said.

"I spoke with [boss] Paul Hartley last week and I am excited to get started."
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Hartlepool have signed goalkeeper Kyle Letheren on a player-coach deal.

The 34-year-old Welshman left Morecambe at the end of last season after 18 months with the Shrimps.

Letheren previously worked with new Pools boss Paul Hartley during his time with Dundee, and this is his first coaching appointment.

"He has the qualities and attributes to be a great goalkeeping coach and I know how excited he is to get started," Hartley told the club website.

Hartlepool United have signed right-back Reghan Tumilty from Raith Rovers.

He is the first outfield signing by new boss Paul Hartley, who promised to dip into the Scottish market after joining Pools from Cove Rangers.

Tumilty, 25, made 85 appearances for Raith and previously played under Hartley during a loan spell at Falkirk.

"A great character and hungry for success, he can play in multiple positions which gives us great options," Hartley said.

Details of Tumilty's contract have not been disclosed.

Hartlepool United have signed midfielder Mouhamed Niang from Scottish side Partick Thistle.

The 22-year-old joined Thistle's first team in 2020 having come through their reserves and had spells on loan at Cumnock and Montrose.

He made 22 appearances for the Jags in the 2020-21 season before spending last season on loan at Alloa Athletic.

"I am here to work hard and be a part of the great culture Paul [Hartley] is building here," he said.

Hartlepool United have signed defender Euan Murray, centre-back Alex Lacey and winger Jake Hastie.

Murray, 28, joins after leaving Scottish club Kilmarnock; Lacey, 29, recently departed Notts County and Hastie, 23, arrives from Rangers.

While at Kilmarnock, Murray helped the club to win the Scottish Championship and played 38 times last term.

"I see myself as a leader and I am excited to meet all the boys," Murray told the official Hartlepool website.

"I spoke to the manager about the way he wants to play and the culture he was building and it was a straightforward decision for me," Lacey said.

"I'm ready to push on and help the team the best way I can. I've seen a lot of videos and pictures of the fans and I can see they create an unbelievable atmosphere, I can't wait to get started," Hastie added.

Hartlepool United have signed winger Brody Paterson on a two-year deal from Scottish Premiership champions Celtic.

The 21-year-old featured for Celtic's reserve sides during his time at the club and spent last season on loan at Scottish League One side Airdrieonians.

"As soon as I heard of the opportunity it was a no-brainer," he told Pools' website.

"I have been into training and all the lads are great. You can tell everyone is excited for the new season ahead."

Callum Cooke
Callum Cooke joins his hometown club having previously had a spell at nearby Middlesbrough
Hartlepool United have signed midfielder Callum Cooke on a two-year deal, following his exit from Bradford City earlier this summer.

The 25-year-old joins his hometown club having played 184 senior games and scored 13 goals for Blackpool, Bradford, Crewe and Peterborough.

Cooke, who started out in the Middlesbrough academy, scored three goals in 38 Bantams games last term.

"I can see this is an ambitious club," Cooke told the Pools club website.

"I can't wait to get started."

Hartlepool have signed forward Josh Umerah from Wealdstone for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old scored 17 goals in all competitions for the National League side last season.

Umerah began his career at Charlton and joined Wealdstone from Torquay last summer.

"As soon as I heard about the interest and I spoke to the manager, there was only one place I wanted to be," Umerah told the club website.

Hartlepool United have signed former Wales Under-17 international defender Rollin Menayese on loan from fellow League Two side Walsall for the season.

The 24-year-old, who was born in DR Congo but brought up in Wales and was on Cardiff's books as a junior, has three goals in 132 senior games.

Menayese also spent time at Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Aldershot and Mansfield before joining Walsall.

"I love to defend and I want to give my all for this team," Menayese said.

"I spoke to the manager [ex-Hearts midfielder Paul Hartley] last week and he spoke to me about the ambitions of the football club and the way he wants to play. After speaking to him, it was a easy decision."

Boss Hartley added: "He is a still a young lad but he has plenty of experience in this league. He loves to defend but has great athleticism."

Hartlepool United have signed Livingston striker Jack Hamilton on a season-long loan, with a view to a permanent deal for 2023-24.

The 22-year-old forward played 10 games for his parent club last season and also had a stint with Championship side Arbroath, reaching the play-offs.

Hamilton has also spent time at Queen of the South, Berwick, Alloa and East Fife in addition to Livi.

"I know how passionate and crazy the fans are," Hamilton said.

"I can't wait to get started. I love scoring goals and I'm looking forward to helping this team as much as I can".

Boss Paul Hartley added: "He's a good young talent. Someone I know we can continue to improve. We've seen a lot of him in Scotland, he had some great loan spells. He works hard and knows where the net is."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »