Thread Rating:
new deals
Oxford United have signed Swansea City forward Kyle Joseph on a season-long loan deal.

The 20-year-old started his career with Wigan before joining the Swans in the summer of 2021.

He spent the first half of last season on loan in League One with Cheltenham, where he scored four goals in 19 league appearances.

"I'm delighted to be here and have already sensed a good feeling around the club," Joseph told the U's website.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Oxford United have signed Dutch defender Djavan Anderson on a one-year deal from Italian club Lazio.

The wing-back began his career at Ajax and moved to Lazio in 2018.

The 27-year-old made nine appearances for the Rome-based club, and had two loan spells in Italy and one back home in the Netherlands.

His contract with the U's has the option of a further year, but the whole deal is subject to a work permit being granted.

Anderson was an unused substitute in Lazio's 1-1 draw in Serie A with Sampdoria on Wednesday.

"It's an exciting signing- I can't imagine Oxford have signed too many players who were on the bench for Lazio the night before," Oxford manager Karl Robinson told the club's website.

"He is very fast, he covers us as a wing-back, in midfield or as a winger which gives us flexibility and we look forward to working with him".

Oxford United have signed Shelbourne FC defender Stephan Negru from Ireland's top flight.

The 20-year-old scored on his League of Ireland Premier Division debut in October and was being tracked by a number of clubs.

"He's really exciting as a prospect," Oxford manager Karl Robinson told the club website.

"He reads danger well. Stephan is definitely one for the future and we look forward to seeing his progress."

Negru, who made nine appearances for Shelbourne and came through their academy, will join the U's on 1 January.

"The whole club has been fantastic with me," the central defender said.

"I came over to take a look and join training and I was made to feel involved from the very first day.

"The manager has been excellent and obviously they have a reputation for helping players develop.

"I know I have a lot to learn but that's what I am here for and I can't wait to get started."

Oxford United are 16th in League One and travel to face Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

League One club Oxford United have signed Hull City left-back Brandon Fleming on loan until the end of the campaign.

The 23-year-old has featured four times for the Tigers this season, with his most recent outing coming in November.

Fleming is eligible to make his debut for the U's in their FA Cup third-round tie against Arsenal at the Kassam Stadium on Monday.

"I'm happy to be here and I'm really excited," he told BBC Radio Oxford.

"I like to get forward and would say I've good delivery with my left foot."

Fleming had a spell at fellow League One side Bolton in early 2020, featuring 10 times before the Covid-19 pandemic halted the season.

Oxford United have signed Nottingham Forest forward Ateef Konate on loan until the end of the season.

The 21-year-old has scored eight goals in his past eight games for Forest's under-21 side and was voted October's Premier League 2 player of the month.

The former Le Havre academy player made three appearances for Forest's first-team last season.

"His scoring record this season is excellent," Oxford manager Karl Robinson told the club website.

"He can play all across the front line or as a 10, he is fast, very skilful and really exciting to watch."

Oxford United have signed Hull City striker Tyler Smith on loan until the end of the season.

The 24-year-old has scored three goals in 15 appearances for the Tigers in the Championship this season.

Smith started his career Sheffield United, playing once in the EFL Cup, and had five loan spells before moving to Hull in the summer of 2021.

"He's a good player. He works hard, he is quick and he is a good finisher," Oxford manager Karl Robinson said.

"We have spoken a lot about the need for forward players and with Tyler and Ateef Konate joining over the last 24 hours we have brought in two very exciting players who I am sure will do really well for us."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »