Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
Great point MNT. I did my Level 1 when I was 18 and I was better than 95% of the coaches there. Most either were jumped up beans, couldn't speak that good english and then a small minority were really passionate about the game. The sooner we scale back the costs, the sooner non-ex pros can get in the game and show that you don't need to have played at the top level to be good at coaching. Everyone here makes a lot of good points and tbh all of the factors mentioned are a problem. At the moment, we haven't really solved any of them.
Jim Goodwin named as new boss at Alloa Athletic.

Dream team about to be announced by Derby. Steve McLaren and Chris Powell.
Tufty's back at Derby? Well I never.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Dream as in the football will put you to sleep snoots?
Lord Snooty likes this post
So the hospital is definitely closing then. Where does the campaign go from here, and what happens to all the two quids from Saturday's tickets?
Is this the end?
Kenny Jackett back. He's got the Rotherham job.
On a slightly different tack, I watched Inside Out tonight about South Yorkshire Police and the death of a Welsh fan at a Rotherham v Swansea match in 2000. The usual failures by SWP are immediately brought to mind.
Cabbage is still good for you
Oh aye. The police horse thing. I was gonna watch that. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll see if its on the on demand thingy.
Seen it now.
SYP again eh! Sounds like Orgreave with them charging horses at people.
I've seen this kind of thing at Leeds Road myself though. A Cardiff fan in the 80s trampled under horses hooves outside Ricky's, known then of course as the Waggon & Horses. He got back up and gave the copper a right mouthful and of course got nicked by one of the flatfoots.
We all just laughed at him. It was just one of those things that happen at football matches back then.
Spot on Snooty, the use of horses was everywhere are football back then, and they knew how to use them as well!!! I was always surprised more people didn't get hurt at some of the away games I went to when the police used the horses to corral fans!! Those horses they used were big buggers as well!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »