Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
(03-10-2016, 13:31)Lord Snooty Wrote: Villa sack di Matteo. Wagner's name in the frame again. Angry

I am afraid you will have to get used to that!! Last season every time a manager was fired in the prem Carlos was mentioned, although I am sure it was paper talk or bookies edging their bets!! If you keep up the run you are on Wagner will get more and more attention.
Its generally people who have no real inside knowledge making wild assumptions based literally on who's hot and who's not at that moment in time.

If we were one place above villa, they wouldn't even utter his name. Ahh the fickle sport we follow
All the same, I wish Deano would tell us that David's signed a long term contract to end all this speculation. If I remember rightly he's only on a rolling 12 month jobby.
A long term contract will not keep him from leaving, it will just ensure Deano gets compensation if he was to leave. The speculation will still happen, especially if punters put some money on him to get the job!!
Thought Deano upped his contract over the summer. His and the coaching staff. He's going to be linked to every Championship job that comes up between now and next Easter by the lazy barstewards that call themselves journalists these days. He's had as much free reign as anyone since wor Lee to build his own squad with us. He'll be back to being stuck with someone else's underachieving, too good for the Championship layabouts at Villa where it looks like some still have last seasons relegation in their system. Yes they could offer him silly money but why would he go for a job with a new Chairman who has already shown his fuse is way shorter than Deano's? Barnsley were bottom at the end of last year and got promoted. Teams have been top after 11 games before and got relegated. Mr. Xia having a Xia Heart Attack at the thought of Hollowmouth's Villa prediction being right? They are a big scalp in this division and everyone will up their game against them no matter who is in charge.
HighlandTerrier58 and Lord Snooty like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Villa are looking for a magic bullet manager to take them straight back up , Thatd not the kind of manager David Wagner is, remember Wagner has been in charge at town for almost a year, and when he took over a team that wasnt his although performances improved we still finished in the exact same sport of when he took over.

what he does do though given time,stability and support is fundamentally change the culture of a club, and builds a squad that buys into his ethos and follows his rules his approach is unconventional , dont like they way he does things dont like his rules, out you go. his tactics rely a great deal on fitness and that takes time.

He has sad the reason he came to Huddersfield is cos they wanted "all of him" hes been allowed to do EVERYTHING his way and has rewarded the club in kind, he has built a sqaud of HIS players and it obvious there is a deep respect for him in the sqaud , hes also formed a connection with the fans the like i havent seen in 25 plus years watching town

hes repeatedly stated that this is just the start of a long term project , and it appears that commitment and loyalty may actually mean something to him. He signed a new contract in the summer , although the details were undisclosed

i just dont see him being tempted by money to go to Villa
Lord Snooty and HighlandTerrier58 like this post
I'm glad we gave him a new contract. Must have missed the Unexamined the day they reported that.
Deffo had a new contract in the summer.

100% sure that Wagner won't leave us for Villa. When you listen to Wagner he is very grounded, he knows success doesn't happen over night and is only achieved by hard work. He's spent 11months doing the ground work at Town, firstly pulling us out of the doldrums of the Championship. Secondly doing a lot of work off the pitch to convince players to come to Huddersfield, something that started long before January and finally he's got the kind of players and team that he required. He COULD be onto something special at Town and he knows that. He also knows that he has one of the best chairman in not just the division but the country who has given him everything he has asked for and Wagner strikes me as the kind of bloke who is loyal to those who are loyal to him.
You listen to Wagner talking about the DNA of the club and you know he has researched us inside out.
Loyalty counts for a lot with him. And as the fans and the chairman have bought into his ideas and ethos, he knows he is in it for the long haul.
Herr Wagner is going nowhere !!!
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
Radio 5 Live did a Monday Special talking about us for the first time EVER. The arrogance from the lot of them really is amazing that they think Wagner would just up sticks and leave because someone bigger than 'little old huddersfield' would come in for him. Disgustingly poor journalism.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »