Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
Common sense prevails for once at The FA. I'd get rid of replays in round 5 as well.

Less games means more excitement and the pride back in the trophy. Let's get shut of wembley semis as well. That's done the most damage.
Reading sack Baldy McDermott
Again!
I'm not sure about the replays being scrapped.

Some of the best games we have ever seen have been replays.....Man U v Arsenal with the Giggs wonder goal is one that comes to mind.
Ronnie Radford's wonder goal was a replay....Liverpool 4-4 Everton was one also.
Was the Spurs v Man City game not a replay also? The one where Barton was sent off and Man City were 3-0 down....and came back to win 4-3 with 10 men.? That might have been a league game to be fair.

Either way, many lower league teams have earned replays at higher opposition clubs and have earned mega bucks....and keeps them afloat for a good few seasons after.

I agree with ELT though....get rid of the semi's at Wembley.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
I think the spurs game was league shep.

In other news chris powell has been appointed as nigel persons assman at derby. Whilst town have appointed steve warner as academy chief. Been at wolves wrexham and man city. Must know webster from wolves and wrexham. We arent becoming a job for the boys are we?
Semi's will be at Wembley until the original ticket deal for the corporate sections expires, which I think was 10 years. They might have a rethink when the renewals are up for grabs but not before.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Weaver seems to have solid credentials, time will tell,
dont think its a jobs for the boys deal, no other appointments that have been made have been like that
Friday night, downtown Toronto. Blue Jays home to Red Socks, 46,500 ish crowd in The SkyDome (Rogers Centre). Next door, and I mean next door, 20,000+ in the Air Canada Centre for a Raptors basketball playoff semi against Cleveland and probably upwards of 10,000 in the fan zone (Jurassic Park, heh, heh) outside. A mile or two down the lake front, the Toronto Marley's Ice Hockey team (Leafs minor league team) are pulling in around another 10,000 in their playoff finals. Downtown Toronto is full of usual Friday night revellers plus a shed load more soaking up the atmosphere surrounding the basketball in particular.

Toronto police just ....... get on with it. Compare and contrast that with West Yorkshire's finest who can't handle two crowds totalling way less than 40,000 on the same day and about 15-20 miles apart let alone 1.5 to 2. The West Yorkshire Police Chief Clown commissioner needs some serious stick in order to get the Clowns into shape.
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
At the end of the day, like in all jobs, its 60% talent and 40% who you know. It's reality.
MInneapolis is the same , 40 plus thousand at target field , 15 thousand at target centre , show on at first avenue and regular weekend revelers , never had any issue

when prince died their was a massive dance party in streets in memory, went off without a hitch british police could learn a thing or two about event control from some of the better police forces over here
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »