Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
Never said you had slagged anyone off. I said we should have a politics board so we can slag each other off.
 Just didn't see the point of posting the following when someone questioned your post about Orgreave

(04-05-2016, 06:24)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: Only a Thatcherite would ask that.
Anyway in other news my England summer thread is coming along nicely and as soon as Roy names the squad it'll be up on the International section for nobody to read as its a dead as a Dodo on there
Well, honestly, after all the things that I have been called on this forum and I get pulled up for Thatcherite. That just about sums up this place. It is a word. It is what some people believe. SCO went on to say that he is not. I have not pursued it because I accept what he says on the subject because I do respect his views. But, if you think it is unacceptable behaviour, I apologise. It really is beyond belief that I get criticised for  this.
I'm adding this as a small aside and certainly not a criticism of anyone's personal or political beliefs. No-one should feel the need to reply individually, but I would find it very interesting to find out the percentage of people who criticise Thatcherite policies, yet bought their council houses at a huge discount or bought shares in British Gas, etc and later profited from the transactions.
HighlandTerrier58 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
None of the above. Didn't have a council house and bought no utility shares, neither did my parents. We were wary of their quick fix money-making schemes.
I never had a council house but I did get shares in some of the utilities and various share offers that were offered. Made money on them as well!! As regards the Thatcherite term, that doesn't bother me and as Amelia said I am sure we have all been called far worse than that in our time!!! I never voted for her but in all honesty if she was running now with the state Britain is in I would give it serious consideration if she was up against any of the political leaders currently on offer!!! Could be worse though, the Yanks have an election coming up where the choice will be either Hillary or The Donald, now thats a choice no one should ever have to make!!!!
Amelia Chaffinch and SHEP_HTAFC like this post
I would never vote for her but that's a no shit, Sherlock kind of statement.
spireitematt and St Charles Owl like this post
(04-05-2016, 12:36)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: Well, honestly, after all the things that I have been called on this forum and I get pulled up for Thatcherite. That just about sums up this place. It is a word. It is what some people believe. SCO went on to say that he is not. I have not pursued it because I accept what he says on the subject because I do respect his views. But, if you think it is unacceptable behaviour, I apologise. It really is beyond belief that I get criticised for  this.

Thatcherite is a word like Blairite or Corbynite.

It's amazing how we are all able to live in peace with all these different political views and football views.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(04-05-2016, 19:57)spireitematt Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 12:36)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: Well, honestly, after all the things that I have been called on this forum and I get pulled up for Thatcherite. That just about sums up this place. It is a word. It is what some people believe. SCO went on to say that he is not. I have not pursued it because I accept what he says on the subject because I do respect his views. But, if you think it is unacceptable behaviour, I apologise. It really is beyond belief that I get criticised for  this.

It's amazing how we are all able to live in peace with all these different political views and football views.

I suppose thats one of the beauties of the democracy we were lucky enough to be born in!!  We can all have opinions and views without the fear of retribution simply because of them!!  Of course there are examples of extremism with regards to violence against a person because of an opinion but on the whole we get to say what we think!!
(04-05-2016, 20:05)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 19:57)spireitematt Wrote:

I suppose thats one of the beauties of the democracy we were lucky enough to be born in!!  We can all have opinions and views without the fear of retribution simply because of them!!  Of course there are examples of extremism with regards to violence against a person because of an opinion but on the whole we get to say what we think!!

I don't mind debating with someone if they have a different view or opinion to mine and I will respect there opinions even though I might not necessarily agree with it, its when they state that there view or opinion is fact and everyone else is wrong.
ritchiebaby, HighlandTerrier58, Amelia Chaffinch like this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(04-05-2016, 19:39)St Charles Owl Wrote: Could be  worse though, the Yanks have an election coming up where the choice will be either Hillary or The Donald, now thats a choice no one should ever have to make!!!!

Well when we vote for Brexit, the "Posh Boy" will stand aside, and Boris will step up. So when Trump does the unthinkable......What a special relationship that's gunna be!  Doh
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
I'M NO PESSIMIST.....JUST AN OPTIMIST WITH EXPERIENCE !!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »