Thread Rating:
The Push for Promotion - Act 2 Season 2015-16
No favours from Leeds so far. 3 - 0 down to Brighton in half an hour!

Make that 4 - 0 in 40 mins.
You know nothing, Jacko
Indeed, Jacko.

We're now 8pts behind Brighton in 4th spot. This has helped their GD no end.

Might be down to us and Derby fighting to hold our spots now. I can't see us making up the 8pt difference on Brighton

This puts L**ds in 17th place which will upset Mussolini though.
I was hoping for a L*%ds win but once they went 1-0 down I just sat back and enjoyed it Laugh
Jacko The Flopsy Piglet likes this post
and complicated
4-0 !! Ffs !! Brighton have really surprised me. Hughton done a good job there. Evans could be gone soon.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
the top 2 spots have shot there bolt !! we missed this with the qpr xxxx up and refs !!
The top 2 spots were probably out of reach anyway, just a case of us getting a bit giddy I think!! As for L**ds, Massimo walked out at half time and on the way out instructed Fat Boy not to speak to the press at all. Consequently the Asst Manager spoke to Sky as they are obligated to but refused to speak to anyone else, even the local L**ds press!!!! Anyone feel a sacking coming up ??
Our aim has to be in making sure we finish in the top six and that we are in good shape for the Playoffs.

Teams that just miss out on automatic promotion are often deflated and under perform in the playoffs. We could be perfectly placed to win the playoffs.
Washington and Jacko The Flopsy Piglet like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Well thats true now ms and im with this plan from now on it was just hard to take last week being so close , but like the sturrock playoff masterstoke we have to go the same way like you say !!

And on to Evans i think massimo will chop him today !! followed by a shoe protest at the lane after another defeat on saturday or whenever they play ? and Evans could take his rightfull place of King of the shitheap !!!
Playoffs were the target to begin with, as stated it was a bit of a knock when we were so close. Considering how many points we've dropped, that we shouldn't have. It would be sensible to aim for finishing in the spot we currently reside in.

12 games and 36pts to play for. We can't afford to choke again as I doubt we'll be lucky enough to retain our spot as we have done.

L**ds Laugh
I actually think our goal this season was to be "around" the playoff and in with a chance come the run-in!! After the start we made that looked doubtful as wel although the football was better. Since then we have done very well with the few obligatory blips on the way, now is time for the team to kick on again and now we are in the playoffs (after seemingly being unable to pass Ipswich or Brum for a few weeks!!) we need to keep that spot!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »