Thread Rating:
The Off Topic Thread
They reckon that beer contains Female hormones.

They might be right, because after 8 pints I talk shite and can`t drive.

DD Rolleyes Rolleyes
BBB likes this post
Ubique.
SCAM WARNING !
Under no circumstances open up an e.mail saying a pair of free tickets to see Aston Villa.

It contains two free tickets to see Aston Villa.

DD Doh Doh
Ubique.
Bringing up kids in this day and age is´nt too hard really. You´ve just got to keep the boys away from the blue lights and the girls away from the red lights!

DD Tongue Tongue
Ubique.
Spilling a beer is the adult equivalent to losing a balloon......

DD Sad Sad
Ubique.
For a laugh I typed "TWAT" into my Sat Nav to see where it would take me.....

So put the kettle on mate...... I`m outside yours.

DD Big Grin Big Grin
Ubique.
I`m in a good place right now......

Not emotionally.

It`s just that I`m at the off licence.

DD Confused Confused
Ubique.
Just wondering with the vote now fixed on our continued membership of the E.U..

Does anyone have any idea what effect a NO vote would have on recruitment? Obviously there would be work permit problems and interpretation of overseas player rules which don't currently affect players from other E.U. countries. Also would E.U country players be less likely to want to play in England as a result of any difficulties around permits?

Not as this would make any difference to my vote I was just curious.
'Mmmm . . .' she moaned.
'Ohhhh . . .' he moaned.
'Aaaaahh . . .' she moaned.

Old people love a good moan. DD Rolleyes Rolleyes
Ubique.
(20-02-2016, 15:36)Salopbaggie Wrote: Just wondering with the vote now fixed on our continued membership of the E.U..

Does anyone have any idea what effect a NO vote would have on recruitment?  Obviously there would be work permit problems and interpretation of overseas player rules which don't currently affect players from other E.U. countries.  Also would E.U country players be less likely to want to play in England as a result of any difficulties around permits?

In many ways Salop, should we leave the EU and thus reducing the number of overseas players, would it long term not be a good thing towards making it a more level playing playing field for the smaller clubs ?  We would then see an expansion of the use of home grown talent that could contribute to stronger home nations football. Just like it was in the old days and when we won the World Cup.

Not wishing to be political but, the sooner we ditch the control of our affairs by Brussels, the happier I will be !

Whistle 
4evaabaggie, Maddix, drewks like this post
(21-02-2016, 20:57)TheBaggieMan Wrote:
(20-02-2016, 15:36)Salopbaggie Wrote: Just wondering with the vote now fixed on our continued membership of the E.U..

Does anyone have any idea what effect a NO vote would have on recruitment?  Obviously there would be work permit problems and interpretation of overseas player rules which don't currently affect players from other E.U. countries.  Also would E.U country players be less likely to want to play in England as a result of any difficulties around permits?

In many ways Salop, should we leave the EU and thus reducing the number of overseas players, would it long term not be a good thing towards making it a more level playing playing field for the smaller clubs ?

In a word, no.  The Champions League money and the TV money will remain exactly the same, meaning that there will still be a 'natural' economic pecking order; we'll just be divvying up a smaller selection of players between us all.  It will still be financially catastrophic for a club to get relegated from the Prem, so most clubs will still prefer to buy "proven" talent to keep them out of trouble rather than risk blooding youth.  It'll be the same old crooked game with slightly different names and faces.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »