Thread Rating:
Rangers squad
[Image: about_exterior_pic.jpg]
(20-02-2016, 21:25)supercooper Wrote: He isn'y the only cheat in your side!

that's admiral you admit your side is full of cheats.

Did I captain, dinnae think I quite said that but if it suits you,hey ho.
When you have the likes of Stokes in your side, you are in no position to question anyone.
 Uh-oh. Warburton calls for criminalisation of long term contracts.
Do t see much wrong with that you offer what is best for the club in the long run,look at Celtic with Balde for example massive wages and long term contract who was perfectly happy to sit and do nothing for it.

What I forgot to add was of course you may lose the opportunity to sell a player due to short contracts too.
I had no idea warburton was a city trader.
I can see his reasoning re the contracts, if it's to keep players hungry.
(21-02-2016, 17:55)supercooper Wrote: I can see his reasoning re the contracts, if it's to keep players hungry.

So can I but it does leave open the possibility of a player leaving earlier than if they were under a longer one.  The key part to this is making sure that as the players perform and progress they are rewarded with pay increases and extensions.  
Length of contract has never stopped a player moving on if he so desires. Some players can become complacent on long contracts, if it suits club and player then all good.
The only risk is a player moving on for nothing something Scots teams could do without considering our game is skint,however there is nothin wrong with short contracts
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »