Thread Rating:
Rangers squad
With a host of expired-contract departures the squad is looking pretty thin at the moment in some areas.

On the plus side, because it's a lot less bloated so we can see exactly where we stand with all our positions and a new manager can target players without having to worry too much about moving out what's already there.

Current squad:

Gk: Bell, Kelly

Df: Wallace, Zaliukas, McGregor, Gasparotto, Sinnamon

Mf: Law, Murdoch, Aird, McKay, Templeton, Shiels, Crawford, Walsh

Fw: Miller, Clark, Gallagher, Hardie

Funny thing is, I would say on paper that should just about be a good enough squad to win the Championship, but a number of those players have not played to the level they should in the past which is why we're still where we are. Still, most of the players who left arguably weakened the team when they were in it. If we can bring in better rather than just more expensive players we might have a decent core to at least start from. Definitely not enough depth in it at the moment though, and too many of the midfielders are very inconsistent so won't cut it as permanent fixtures. We might yet sell 1 or 2 of the squad as well, but apart from that the priorities as I see it at the moment are a goalkeeper, a right back, a centre half, a midfield playmaker, a quality forward and some backup at left back. I'm pretty sure that was the same wishlist I had 2 years ago actually.
There are 14 first team players shown here, as at 08/06/2015, El Car.

Rangers FC - First Team

The five missing from your list are Kelly, Gasparotto, Sinnamon, McKay and Hardie.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Yer heads full of mince El Car you had a look at the hibs squad lately???
No Fred. I look to my own team first. The fact remains though that the Hibs squad is full of players who couldn't get a top flight club, while we still have several who only dropped out of the top flight for the money we could offer.

(09-06-2015, 01:36)Larry-AV Wrote: There are 14 first team players shown here, as at 08/06/2015, El Car.

Rangers FC - First Team

The five missing from your list are Kelly, Gasparotto, Sinnamon, McKay and Hardie.

I saw that but I think it's fair to include those 5 at the moment as they've all had first team experience of some sort apart from Kelly who is our only viable backup keeper at the moment. It's a bit weird that McKay is listed among the youth players considering his age and the number of times he's played at first team level for us and his loan teams.
Those are the same player that finished behind Hibs last season yet they are capable of winning the league,Hibs have added to there squad,feck me they don't have a keeper and there squad is better right now,you really should take the red white and blue glasses off,even King is in the papers saying yous are pish.
There is only a few players there that played in the team last season. For such a great Hibs side they couldn't beat us when it counted, and if we strengthen we should have a side capable of winning the league. Hibs are losing players too fred, they will be far from the same side either.
Bell,Wallace,Zaliukas,Templeton,McGregor,Shiels,miller,Murdoch,aird,Walsh and Clark,so that's eleven of the 19 so only a few haha you got a clue or what,to be fair yer right they couldn't beat you when it mattered and yer keeper takes all the credit for that.
Pretty sure I mentioned they didn't play as well as they should have this season. Bell, Shiels, Templeton, Law, Miller and Zaliukas have all played well within themselves most of the time they've been with us. They definitely have the ability to do better (though I don't dispute there's no guarantee they will).

And our keeper doesn't deserve much credit for anything since he returned from injury - he's been crap. It was a team effort against Hibs in the playoff and ours did better than theirs where it mattered.
I'm talking to Cooper El Car he's saying a few no you,bell and Zaliukas were stand outs in the game at Easter road,Job was done at ibrox hibs woeful defending done for them again
I was responding to post #5.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »