Thread Rating:
Rangers squad
I played on all those surfaces and there is no way the new surfaces are the same as the first ones they were horrific,you are talking shite
These pitches are now a reality of the game at an even higher level than the one warburton is talking about. Sure we would all like good quality grass pitches but scottish clubs have constantly struggled to maintain them in the past. How about talking about how consistently crap our grass pitches are warby ? Or do players never get injured on them ?

The only real debate to be had is on the effects these pitches have on the football played. The rest is just warby spouting off....it'll be something else next week.
Aye like the shape of the ball
(20-02-2016, 15:07)hibeejim21 Wrote: These pitches are now a reality of the game at an even higher level than the one warburton is talking about. Sure we would all like good quality grass pitches but scottish clubs have constantly struggled to maintain them in the past. How about talking about how consistently crap our grass pitches are warby ? Or do players never get injured on them ?

The only real debate to be had is on the effects these pitches have on the football played. The rest is just warby spouting off....it'll be something else next week.

Absolute bollocks these pitches are signed off for 5 years, what happens to them during this time is anyones guess. A premiership club should not have an artificial surface. The problem in Scotland is the distribution of money, to fund said pitches.
Will Rangers give up there part of there share to help fund them?? Probably not
These pitches should not be allowed in the top two divisions of the Scottish League football at all. Aside from the obvious advantage they give the home side they do cause injuries that you don't get generally on grass. It is very rare that a grass pitch causes an injury but you do hear of them from games on artificial surfaces. Its been a big topic over here as some MLS teams play on them, but now they are talking about getting rid.

As regards the money, the authorities should allocate money to pay for it. If all four divisions in England can do it, then they can in Scotland as well.
We get nowhere near the money English football recieved SCO,what would you prefer clubs going bust or surviving??
(20-02-2016, 15:48)Fredstersafool Wrote: Will Rangers give up there part of there share to help fund them?? Probably not

You would need to ask the premiership clubs that Question. Celtic take the lions share of any money distributed. Will Hearts happily contribute?

(20-02-2016, 16:16)Fredstersafool Wrote: We get nowhere near the money English football recieved SCO,what would you prefer clubs going bust or surviving??
Maybe if the prem clubs distibuted the cash it wouldn't be an issue. 
(20-02-2016, 16:08)St Charles Owl Wrote: These pitches should not be allowed in the top two divisions of the Scottish League football at all.  Aside from the obvious advantage they give the home side they do cause injuries that you don't get generally on grass.  It is very rare that a grass pitch causes an injury but you do hear of them from games on artificial surfaces.  Its been a big topic over here as some MLS teams play on them, but now they are talking about getting rid.

As regards the money, the authorities should allocate money to pay for it.  If all four divisions in England can do it, then they can in Scotland as well.

I'd rather play on kilmarnocks artificial surface than some of the grass pitches we have played on this season. 

I'm assuming kilmarnock and hamilton must have a huge injury list with the regularity they play on these pitches ? No ? Thought not. 

Its only became an issue because waghorn got injured (but still got up to take a penalty)
(20-02-2016, 16:24)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(20-02-2016, 16:08)St Charles Owl Wrote: These pitches should not be allowed in the top two divisions of the Scottish League football at all.  Aside from the obvious advantage they give the home side they do cause injuries that you don't get generally on grass.  It is very rare that a grass pitch causes an injury but you do hear of them from games on artificial surfaces.  Its been a big topic over here as some MLS teams play on them, but now they are talking about getting rid.

As regards the money, the authorities should allocate money to pay for it.  If all four divisions in England can do it, then they can in Scotland as well.

I'd rather play on kilmarnocks artificial surface than some of the grass pitches we have played on this season. 

I'm assuming kilmarnock and hamilton must have a huge injury list with the regularity they play on these pitches ? No ? Thought not. 

Its only became an issue because waghorn got injured (but still got up to take a penalty)

It only ever becomes an issue when a player gets injured and its nearly always the visiting team that would complain.  But for me thats not the main issue, I really don't like watching games played on artificial pitches, they all to often have the feel of 5 a side games or training sessions!!

(20-02-2016, 16:16)Fredstersafool Wrote: We get nowhere near the money English football recieved SCO,what would you prefer clubs going bust or surviving??

Got no figures to back this up but artificial pitches are not allowed in the English Conference, I doubt they get any more money than a club in Leagues 1 and 2 in Scotland.  
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »