Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
As of today - I'm officially retired. Laugh Big Grin

From work that is, not here.
St Charles Owl, ritchiebaby, SHEP_HTAFC And 1 others like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Happy retirement, theo. I'm a couple of years off yet.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
(12-10-2024, 13:46)Lord Snooty Wrote: Happy retirement, theo. I'm a couple of years off yet.

Tell the truth, Snoots! You were about 12 when I used to follow you (in The Beano) 60-odd years ago. Wink

.......And Theo: Now you can enjoy life. Thumb up Go and watch Leeds (down the road). Whistle
Lord Snooty likes this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(12-10-2024, 09:31)theo_luddite Wrote: As of today - I'm officially retired. Laugh Big Grin

From work that is, not here.

Congratulations Theo!! Now get on with the rest of your life and have fun!!!

I’m three years away from retiring, can’t wait to get there!!
Thanks all for the good wishes and sage advice. Appreciated. Laugh Cool

TalkSAFT, if L666s offered a free season ticket, paid mileage or free train tickets, doubled my pension pot and paid all my tax, I still wouldn't watch that lot. Let me know when you've a couple of Villa European night tickets going spare and we can meet at Witton Station and go for a beer somewhere civilised instead Thumb up Tongue

PS I used to deliver Snoots and his mates 50 odd year ago. If only his readers knew, eh? Biffo the Bear has been approached for comment. Desperate Dan was too Cow Pied to stand up let alone comment.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

You juniors on here rabbiting on about how young you are!!! Hmmph (you know how it sounds). I've been retired for over 8 years now and I can highly recommend it. If only I'd had the sense, or more likely the money, to do it earlier. Enjoy your cask ale, theo, for the next 20 years or so.
theo_luddite likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
(13-10-2024, 01:09)ritchiebaby Wrote: You juniors on here rabbiting on about how young you are!!! Hmmph (you know how it sounds). I've been retired for over 8 years now and I can highly recommend it. If only I'd had the sense, or more likely the money, to do it earlier. Enjoy your cask ale, theo, for the next 20 years or so.

Money is all that is stopping me from retiring now!! I took on a new challenge 3 years ago in setting up and establishing a Sheffield company here in the US after setting up the sister company 23 years ago and boy its hard work at the moment, so feeling my age now I have turned 60!!
ritchiebaby and theo_luddite like this post
Good luck with that SCO. No doubt, just when you think it's safe to retire to the lakes for fishing/the links for swearing/the mountains for skiing or whatever else turns your crank, the buggers will ask you to hang around for another 5 years to "advise" them.
A guide to cask ale.

(13-10-2024, 01:09)ritchiebaby Wrote: You juniors on here rabbiting on about how young you are!!! Hmmph (you know how it sounds). I've been retired for over 8 years now and I can highly recommend it. If only I'd had the sense, or more likely the money, to do it earlier. Enjoy your cask ale, theo, for the next 20 years or so.

That could get interesting round here ritchie. When Banks (or Bonksies as it's known round here) Brewery bought Marstons and a bunch of other breweries and went with the Marstons brand, it was anyone's guess whether the Wolverhampton or Burton-on-Trent breweries would survive. It was mostly the smaller one's they bought up that were put to the sword however. Then they sold a big share of the business to Carlsberg and aaaaaall of a suddink earlier this year, Marstons/Bonksies decided they only wanted to sell beer rather than brew it, so sold up the rest of the business to Carlsberg.

Now, if there's one brewery that probably does brewery closures better than anyone else, it's Carlsberg. They've more than just a little history in this department when it comes to once Great British Breweries. So despite the "We're Hiring" banners on the brewery walls that face the Ring Road, they are shutting down 150 years of brewing in Wolvo. It will be interesting to see where (other than maybe Burton-on Trent) Marstons buy their beer from. I reckon it's just got "more expensive to buy at the pump" written all over it either way.

Moving back home to Yorkshire is starting to look like a good idea again.

PS - the same bunch of barstewards ruined then shut Tetley's not long after I moved down here. The bland piss they claim to be probabaly the best lager from fook nose where never get's near me anymore. It isn't and it never will be. They could learn how to brew lager properly if they ever drove south from Denmark into Germany and stopped at the first brewery they come across to ask for directions.
ritchiebaby likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

Speaking of Germany. Is this the end of "10 German Bombers"?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/202...akes-sense
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »