Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
And his pay off was £8M. That man has made millions from being shite.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
I know we don't like him for walking out on us and everything, but in the mid 00s when his style of football was fairly common, he did rather well with Brum and Wigan to an extent, he even allowed us to win in the fa cup. Now his football is out dated and obsolete, the game moves quickly and leaves managers like himself, pullis, pardew and allardyce in its wake very quickly.

But like him or loath him, as a genuine football fan, the way Newcastle and their fans have treated him has been nothing short of a disgrace, especially when he's one of their own and a boyhood fan of the club. 8million makes it a hell of a lot better, but it doesn't excuse the abuse directed at him and his family.

They talk about the style of football they were playing, it wasn't much different under benitez and the comparison between the two isn't too disimilar either, Bruce managed to get them finishing in half decent positions, yet he's victimised and benitez is idolised
Lord Snooty likes this post
Another day, another door, another high, another low
He walked out of plenty other clubs but he basically spat his dummy out and threw his toys out of the pram when Marcus Stewart was sold when in charge of us. We barely won another game until he was gone. He was given a budget for the season by Rubery and he took it to be the budget per month. No wonder we went tits up. We weren't the only place where he threw money around like a man with no arms to try and "buy" success". If he spends his own (retirement/pay-off) money like he spends his former chairmen's he'll be looking for another job in 12 months pleading poverty and how hard done by he's been.

His lack of a winning record anywhere shows how piss poor he is as a coach.

From WIKI

Honours as a Manager

Birmingham City
Football League Championship runner-up: 2006–07
Football League First Division play-offs: 2002

Hull City
FA Cup runner-up: 2013–14[156]
Football League Championship runner-up: 2012–13
Football League Championship play-offs: 2016

Individual

Premier League Manager of the Month: April 2021

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bruce

Manager of the Month once - woo-hoo
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
No sympathy for him whats so ever.
Walked out Sheff Utd for us
Walked out on Wigan to take the Palace job
Walked out on Palace to take the Birmingham job
Walked out on Wigan again to go to Sunderland
Walked out Sheff Wednesday for the Newcastle job
SHEP_HTAFC and Lord Snooty like this post
Spent £90m to get nowhere in the Prem - oh hang on, that sounds familiar Whistle

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steve-br..._id=234423

Wendies were one of the few where he didn't spend a fortune in transfer fees, but that was likely why he walked. plus he wasn't there long - see Wigan twice.
A guide to cask ale.

Man Utd statistics:
Record home defeat:
0–6 v Aston Villa, First Division, 14 March 1914
1–7 v Newcastle United, First Division, 10 September 1927
0–6 v Huddersfield Town, First Division, 10 September 1930

Can Liverpool do it?
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Well Liverpool now have a man advantage as well as being 5-0 up!! The quality they have up front could see them score a bunch more, its now down to the mercy Liverpool may or may not show!!
Hope Liverpool stick a few more past em and spell the end of ole, don't know what he's achieved as a manager to warrant the job
Another day, another door, another high, another low
I say keep him. I love seeing the arrogant sods getting stuffed and Liverpool are now just taking the piss saying come and take it off us.
A guide to cask ale.

Well they couldn't beat the 6-0 we got. Big Grin
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »