Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
I think Gallagher has said he wants to go back to Chelsea and fight for a first-team place. Not a fight I think he'd win.
And I daresay his agent might say something else.
BaggieSteve likes this post
(16-05-2021, 23:48)Slick_Footwork Wrote: On today's interesting selection... could it be that Sam is thinking towards next season and believes that Yokulsu and Gallagher could possibly stay on?

Or am I reading far too much into it?

Grady starting with Maitland-Niles on the bench is what really had my cogs turning. Grady back seems very much geared around setting up for next season, but I was really surprised about Gallagher being selected over AMN in the middle of the park unless there's more to it. Gallagher seems to be between Championship and Premier League standard at the moment, so maybe if he wants guaranteed football next season he'd be better coming back here. Who knows. Probably just my analysis paralysis taking over.

Interesting point Slick, cos why waste time on players that will def go back to parent team, so we may see, other than w/ham, fringe players coming in for the last game.And we might temp Gallagher to stay+ plus our Turkish friend.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
We can't afford the wages of either and I would assume Chelski would want Gallagher getting his experience with another Premiership club, if not with them, which I doubt it will be.
New manager to come and so all manner of squad changes to follow. I hope he has been prepping in advance and we start fast (for once)
Sam field has left permanently for QPR and Austin close to move to same club.
(20-05-2021, 17:32)wba13 Wrote: Sam field has left permanently for QPR and Austin close to move to same club.

Disappointed about the first, less concerned about the second but wish them both well and they are, of course, guaranteed to score against us next season
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Austin is out of contract anyway I believe, so we knew he was off.

I'm guessing Field was a pre-agreed loan to permanent deal then, as he hasn't played that much for QPR so doubt they would've signed him otherwise.

Would be interesting to know what the fee was, if anything?
Said Berahdinooooooo. Oops have I spelt that wrong Whistle
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
Leaving list -
Gibbs
Grosiki
Gallagher
Okay
Field
Austin
ANM
Diagne