Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Maitland-Niles looking stronger:
https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/02/0...ts-journo/

Now it's concrete (well it IS on the BBC):
West Brom agree deal with Arsenal for AMN

Simon Stone

BBC Sport reporter

West Brom have agreed a deal to sign Arsenal defender Ainsley Maitland-Niles, 23.

Sam Allardyce had originally hoped to sign the England international last week, before Southampton and Leicester jumped in to inquire about the player.

West Brom are also close to concluding a deal for Celta Vigo midfielder Okay Yokuslu.
Yokuslu has just been announced.

Personally I'm chuffed with this as defensive midfield is the position we have needed most since promotion. I've seen him play for Celta Vigo a couple of times and he's a big strapping lad who can play a bit, so should fit the mould. And why it's disappointing we haven't been able to add a central defender, one of the main reasons they have so much to do is because of our midfield. So this should ease the burden.

The fact he's been in and around the Celta first team means he should be fit enough to come straight in.

I think we're too far gone to stay up now, but good to see Allardyce has been able to see what we need. Should put us in a position to fight for some pride at least.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
He's made a good fist of this window bu(Ahmed Musa) also seems to be coming - problem is whether its too late. Others around us keep winning games.

At least if SA stays for next year (who knows) then he clearly can draw in players. Might make for a positive season next year if we fail to stay up.
A bit concerned regarding AMN, Sky are now saying that the situation is fluid and are wondering whether somebody else is interested!
(01-02-2021, 20:41)SomersetBaggie Wrote: A bit concerned regarding AMN, Sky are now saying that the situation is fluid and are wondering whether somebody else is interested!

Just watched the same thing mate. Sort of suggesting despite us beating Southampton, Leicester and Newcastle to get him there’s a last minute interest from another Premier League Club!

I’m nervous now and I bet if there is indeed interest it’s poxy Wet Sham Angry
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
(01-02-2021, 21:18)Worldclassalbion Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 20:41)SomersetBaggie Wrote: A bit concerned regarding AMN, Sky are now saying that the situation is fluid and are wondering whether somebody else is interested!

Just watched the same thing mate. Sort of suggesting despite us beating Southampton, Leicester and Newcastle to get him there’s a last minute interest from another Premier League Club!

Wondering whether it's the dingles. They were interested in him previously
(01-02-2021, 21:18)Worldclassalbion Wrote:

That'll be the day! Blush Big Grin
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/yokuslu-links-albion-loan

He is 6 ft 2 so Pereira is going to look like a midget next to him.
(01-02-2021, 22:00)WBA-Josh Wrote: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/yokuslu-links-albion-loan

He is 6 ft 2 so Pereira is going to look like a midget next to him.

What’s your knowledge on Okay Yokuslu,  Josh, I can see slick has been positive, already, but I know little about him. 

I think Mbaye Diagne, Ainsley MN, Snodgrass and Musa all look like larger units and it sounds like Okay is the same. 

I don’t think our side will be pushed around and as easy to get through as the first half of the season. It may be too late, but at least we may be more competitive for the rest of the season. Gives a bit of hope!
Maitland -Niles signed great bit of business
Good transfer window with no money.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »