Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
I think Yokuslu is the type of signing we're desperate for, from what I've seen of him. Big strong defensive midfield stopper in the middle who knows how to cover, tackle and help out in the air.

I don't think we'll be able to pull it off though as he's around Celta Vigo's first team picture. The only hope is if Celta have financial problems and we can scrape a decent loan fee together.

But I get the vibe we haven't got a pot to...

Even if we did manage to pull it out all the stops and get him signed along with Diagne, it wouldn't be enough though. We'll still don't have a single full back at the club, either side, who is Prem class. Still don't have a single centre half who can stay switched on for 90 minutes and understands the concept of marketing and closing down. And even with Yokuslu, we would have to pair him with someone useless as none of our central midfielders make the grade.

But at least it would help us to be competitive and regain some pride. I remain hopeful I might see one of our midfielders tackle someone before the season ends.
BaggieSteve likes this post
As someone pointed out, Villa signed Marvellous and we’re getting Okay.

Anyone got Danny Shittu’s number?
BaggieSteve, Baggievicar, Slick_Footwork like this post
We've got 11 shittus already!!

COYB
(28-01-2021, 15:51)Onetruebaggie Wrote: We've got 11 shittus already!!

COYB

managed by biggus dickus
@Kristien 1965
(28-01-2021, 15:51)Onetruebaggie Wrote: We've got 11 shittus already!!

COYB

Oh that is why we have bought in lots of toilet rolls then, cos i thought they were throwing Whistle
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
West Bromwich have reached an agreement to sign Okay Yokuslu from Celta Vigo on loan [no obligation, no option to buy]. Personal terms agreed too. Medicals and work permit pending. ? #wbafc. Looks like another on his way.
Also looking to sign Maitland -Niles on loan from Arsenal.
Diagne all but done just waiting on work permit.
Ainsley Maitland-Niles on loan will probably mean the end of Furlong as first choice right back.

If all 3 sign then I think Allardyce's first choice 11 will be:

Johnstone
AM-N - Ajayi - Bartley - Gibbs
Livermore - Yokuslu
Snodgrass - Pereira - Robinson
Diagne
(29-01-2021, 14:08)WBA-Josh Wrote: Ainsley Maitland-Niles on loan will probably  mean the end of Furlong as first choice right back.

Johnstone
Livermore - Yokuslu
Diagne
I’ve heard Maitland-Niles wants to play in his preferred position of midfield. So we will have to see what happens if he arrives.
(29-01-2021, 14:08)WBA-Josh Wrote: Ainsley Maitland-Niles on loan will probably  mean the end of Furlong as first choice right back.

Johnstone
Livermore - Yokuslu
Diagne

Hallelujujah!

(But I'll not hold my breath that he will sign)

If he does, I wonder if we might have a last ditch attempt for another centre half. Perhaps an under the radar addition.

Because it feels like we performed better when reverting to a back 3 in recent games and AMN is well suited to wing back.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
From what I've researched about Maitland-Niles, his primary positions as a youth player were centre midfield and right midfield. When he was promoted to the first team under Wenger he was used all over the pitch at right back, left back, right wing-back, left wing-back and centre midfield. When Emery went to Arsenal, Maitland-Niles played a lot more and was either at right back or as a right wing-back so those two positions seems to have stuck as his primary positions under Arteta.

Anyway, Southampton are also reported to be interested in him so my hope that he'll sign has been hit.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »