Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Twitter gets you Sky matches via Saudi channel. Can’t understand the commentary but the saga on the pitch is easy to read ?
Baggiebob(BBB) likes this post
New signing on the way according to sky sports Diagne flying in from Galatasaray, on a loan to buy deal striker with 108 goals in 192 appearances. Rumours are that Jesse Lingard could also be coming in as Utd don’t want him to go to hammers. That’s just a rumour thou.
Yes - Diange looks like happening - We just need someone to get the ball to him and another to stop them scoring against us as often as they do :-)

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...ye-diagne/
Lingard is a cracking player but he's not the monster we need (and I doubt he'd want to come).
Has he gone yet??

DD Huh Huh
Ubique.
Grosicki rumoured to be on his way out with him being released from his contract 6 months early. With Musa possibly and Diagne incoming it is probably wise to release Grosicki as he is the third highest earner in the club.
Boy doesn't football spill a lot of cash about - so wasteful, especially with food banks and school meals being so topical at the moment.

Grosicki, not his fault, has not even been given a chance despite targeting him in the summer. Kipre (not his fault) never has played, we sack SB and pay compensation, hire Big Sam offer uber bonus (not forgetting actual pay) to perform miracles.

This is just West Brom - look all around you at players being paid a fortune but being out of favour and just letting the money roll into their bank accounts.

Sickening
talkSAFT and drewks like this post
This season Diagne has a record of 9 goals in 15 league matches, 2 in 3 Europa League qualifying matches and 0 in 1 Turkish Cup game.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen Diagne play. I watched the Turkish League in the final 1/3 of last season when BT Sports had the rights to it and that included a fair amount of Galatasaray matches but Diagne was on loan at Club Brugge then. With Club Brugge last season he scored 4 goals in 12 matches. All of those goals came in the league and from the 10th of November 2019, he didn't play again for the rest of the season so I assume that he had an injury.

He is 29 years old, 6 foot 2 and his career record is 94 goals in 170 appearances. In the Turkish League alone it is 51 in 64 which is solid.
Why is everyone so surprised by the actions of the club, it is what we do.

We then find a half decent manager and build a good Championship squad, we get promoted, we might tinker but don't really improve on that squad claiming we have no money to invest in players because the transfer kitty fairy has been and stolen it all. Then we embarrass ourselves in the Premier League, before signing a few geriatric players who were great once upon a time, on a contract for a couple of seasons. We sack a manager or two and like the players replace them with dinosaurs, before getting relegated. Then we sack that manager bringing in someone fresh maybe with a bit of sense, we do not let them build the team they want, claiming we can't because of the wages that some of the geriatrics are on. (Gibbs, Evans, Fletcher as examples).

Then, back to the start, the joys of being a Baggies fan.
John Percy has reported that Allardyce wants Okay Yokuslu from Celta Vigo as well as Diagne.

Yokulsu is a 6 foot 3 defensive midfielder who has played 14 times this season but made only 5 starts, 3 in the league and 2 in the Copa del Rey.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/202...1611773058
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »