Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Austin gone on loan until summer, when he's out of contract.

So presumably we've got a nominal loan fee for him, if anything.

Hopefully we're able to replace him, but not sure how we're going to do it without 2 pennies to rub together and presumably next to nothing incoming for him. Will free up salary for a loan I suspect, that's about it.
If we sold SJ absolutely no way should we buy a couple of journeymen. We should look to next season's needs. This season is beyond saving IMO. The last thing we want is, relegation, several players walking off into the sunset and no money to fill the gaps.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
I wonder when HRK is fit to play again?
(10-01-2021, 13:40)Stairs Wrote: I wonder when HRK is fit to play again?

You know things are desperate when that is actually a serious question
Sanjay, Slick_Footwork, harrogatebaggie And 1 others like this post
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Fenerbahce want £14m for Turkish midfielder Ozan Tufan with Crystal Palace and West Bromwich Albion both interested in the 25-year-old, along with Russian side CSKA Moscow. (Hurriyet - in Turkish)

£14M lol, We only got scratchings. DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
(11-01-2021, 11:13)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: Fenerbahce want £14m for Turkish midfielder Ozan Tufan with Crystal Palace and West Bromwich Albion both interested in the 25-year-old, along with Russian side CSKA Moscow. (Hurriyet - in Turkish)

£14M lol, We only got scratchings. DD  Whistle  Whistle

Tufan is the type of player we should've been looking at in the summer. A proper midfielder who is mobile, can tackle and even scores goals. Loads of international experience at the right age. The guy would be our best midfielder by a country mile.

As a permanent deal it seems like a none starter, firstly because I doubt Fenerbache would want to receive the fee paid over 25 years and secondly, I don't think anyone at this level would want to commit to us long term with a season in the Championship looming. The only hope could be a loan move agreed to go permanent if we stay up? But I think other sides more 'established' will want him if he's really available.
Caicedo buy was crazy. Utd must have really messed that one up for him to walk to Brighton! Coup of a signing. hes a united fan too. could become one of top players in europe!
I mentioned days ago that i woudn't be surprised that Charlie Austin would bag a few goals for QPR, and what does he do he scores after 39 minutes for 1-0 against Luton. Whistle

And now Sheffield U win 1-0, and were A FAR BETTER TEAM THAN NEWCASTLE.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
(12-01-2021, 21:52)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote: I mentioned days ago that i woudn't be surprised that Charlie Austin would bag a few goals for QPR, and what does he do he scores after 39 minutes for 1-0 against Luton. Whistle

And now Sheffield U win 1-0, and were A FAR BETTER TEAM THAN NEWCASTLE.

Newcastle were very poor. May be it gives us a chance, being one of the teams we could catch. Of course, only if we start to score goals and win games. Forever an optimist!
Dingles will not pursue Nuno Espirito Santo's interest in Chelsea's French striker Olivier Giroud, 34, and Liverpool and Belgium forward Divock Origi, 25, after telling their Portuguese coach he has no money to spend in January. (Mirror)

Bubbles bursting??

DD Huh Huh
Ubique.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »