Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
I rated Hegazi, but we have to look at this coldly, we knew we had to cut the wage bill and that's over £3.6 million a year cut off it (£70k a week). I am a little surprised that it is Hergazi and not Gibbs who I think is in the top 3 at £60k, then again Hergazi has not been the most regular starter and if a club of our size is pay a CB that amount they need to be a regular name on the team sheet. I think if Gibbs had been fit he would have gone by now as well.
(26-10-2020, 12:00)Salopbaggie Wrote: I rated Hegazi, but we have to look at this coldly, we knew we had to cut the wage bill and that's over £3.6 million a year cut off it (£70k a week).  I am a little surprised that it is Hergazi and not Gibbs who I think is in the top 3 at £60k, then again Hergazi has not been the most regular starter and if a club of our size is pay a CB that amount they need to be a regular name on the team sheet.  I think if Gibbs had been fit he would have gone by now as well.

To be honest, I'm very surprised to hear that Hegazi is such a high earner, given we signed him from Egypt.

But regardless of that, as a fan, I simply can't be positive about a move to sell a first team player simply to reduce the wage bill.

Running the club professionally means you have finances in order so you don't have to sell someone mid window. But we're simply a joke in everything we have do now.

And while I've never rated him particularly, I still think he's better than Bartley, so this move weakens us, when we're already part of the the 4 teams getting cut adrift.
Basic question is are we weaker without him ? If the answer is yes then it's a mistake to sell him.
We know how hard we tried in the summer to get a good CB and tbh we couldn't afford even the dross that we were being linked with. As for he wasn't happy - Who says that? He loved being at the club and could have forced a leave a while ago like some others did. So it's quite unfair to speculate the reasons for leaving either way.
And to think 3 or 4 million is a good price - now that's comical. WBA13 sorry my friend but what PL CH are we going to get in Jan that's better then Hegazi for that type of money.
It's not about Hegazi it's about the club. We are weaker without him. Who thinks Ivanovic is going to play every game and steer clear of injury.
Enough said.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
A bigger worry for me is SB.
He's hardly been supported in the last window regarding finances, and now this, when he's just stated that Hegazi would be staying.
Is he going to get p*ssed off when it appears he's not got the backing of the board? I think we all know the answer to that.
I know that some on here aren't totally behind him but personally, I think he's doing a great job with what he's been given and it would be a massive shame for the club if we were to lose him at this point.
Just a thought as Hegazi was out of contract next year was in January he could have spoken to any club anywhere in the world and left for nothing.
January is only ten weeks away , so I can see why they did this,
Were not staying up with or without him and according to the express and star with his transfer and wages by the end of the year the deal could be worth £10 million to the club,
One eye on next season then !!
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(26-10-2020, 14:18)drewks Wrote: A bigger worry for me is SB.
He's hardly been supported in the last window regarding finances, and now this, when he's just stated that Hegazi would be staying.
Is he going to get p*ssed off when it appears he's not got the backing of the board? I think we all know the answer to that.
I know that some on here aren't totally behind him but personally, I think he's doing a great job with what he's been given and it would be a massive shame for the club if we were to lose him at this point.

We may as well be realistic and start the search for his replacement now. It takes us 3 months anyway. Bilic has done a fine job, it was only ever a 2 year project. A few good managers about who would be right for us. Potter, Cook come to mind.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
I have a spare suitcase......... DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
(26-10-2020, 14:18)drewks Wrote: A bigger worry for me is SB.

I think he's going to be frustrated for sure, but I doubt he will walk away from what is probably a good salary with us just yet. His stock isn't high enough for him to walk into another job.

But I think if he did manage to perform a miracle and keep us up (which I doubt, but I'm hopeful of) then he'd almost certainly leave then and get another job straight away. After all, it would be seen as a massive success if he kept us up this year.
Interesting ....
Jomasi@expressandstar ..

On route to Brighton but aware of the reports saying Bilic is far from happy with the sale of Ahmed Hegazi. Bilic will be asked about those stories and how he feels about Hegazi's departure post match. #wba
Slaven Bilic's West Brom future in doubt after Ahmed Hegazi transfer decision made behind his back

https://t.co/G4ERZppeLU
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »