Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
(29-09-2020, 10:46)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: IMO Slav should just walk away from the Grant saga and just go out and buy another striker. It has been and will continue to drag on and on. What ever happened to the interest in the Beast from the East??

DD  Huh  Huh

I suspect that, after all the positioning and posturing, we will come to an agreement with the Terriers shortly before the deadline and Grant will sign for us.
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
(29-09-2020, 11:21)wba13 Wrote: He’s back
https://twitter.com/WBA/status/1310866888608677890?s=20

The best bromance that the World has ever seen is back at the Albion.

Welcome back Krovinović.
(29-09-2020, 12:25)BaggieSteve Wrote:
(29-09-2020, 10:46)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: IMO Slav should just walk away from the Grant saga and just go out and buy another striker. It has been and will continue to drag on and on. What ever happened to the interest in the Beast from the East??

DD  Huh  Huh

I suspect that, after all the positioning and posturing, we will come to an agreement with the Terriers shortly before the deadline and Grant will sign for us.

Then it will take him another 3 weeks to get up to match fitness. DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
Honestly Grant's not worth it. A good Championship player but nowhere near Premier League standards.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
(29-09-2020, 13:32)Lord Snooty Wrote: Honestly Grant's not worth it. A good Championship player but nowhere near Premier League standards.

Are you winking ( Wink ) when you say that, Snoots?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
If we throw the reported £18 million at Grant - we must be mad.
IMO he cannot be worth half that amount.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(29-09-2020, 16:42)Blue Baggie Wrote: If we throw the reported £18 million at Grant - we must be mad.

Totally agree BB. Nowhere near worth that. I know prices are mad and have been for years now but £18m is insane
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
Blame villa for the price They bought Watkins for 33 mill set the benchmark for championship strikers. I understand they initially wanted 15 mill but upped the price when Watkins was sold. Is he worth it no not at that price, but if it’s the striker we really want I can see us holding out until close to deadline day to see how desperate Huddersfield become to get money in. Heard there finances aren’t great. Remember the player is only worth what your willing to pay.
(29-09-2020, 16:55)Worldclassalbion Wrote:
(29-09-2020, 16:42)Blue Baggie Wrote: If we throw the reported £18 million at Grant - we must be mad.

Totally agree BB. Nowhere near worth that. I know prices are mad and have been for years now but £18m is insane

Interesting to read Kevin Phillips saying that any striker would be excited to play at West Brom with the quality he has around him. Grant could score a bucket load of tap-in's given what we have on wing and in midfield.

If he does then people will want to buy him for £40m end of season - bargain
Not sure what to make of this Grant thing.
Didn't he score a few in the PL., and then loads more 'in a struggling Huddersfield side' in the Championship last year?
Is that about it?
£16 - 18m still seems a lot to me, but it's all relative - if he scores (say) 15 goals and keeps us up it's money well spent.
I wonder if SB is massively keen on him, or he's just desperate for a striker.... any striker. If the former then maybe it's worth a shot?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »