Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Some gossip on talksport Krov is going to bologna ?
I can't see that's true, I thought Bologna were almost in admin and couldn't buy anyone not long back.
Maybe Josh knows more about if Bologna are solvent?
Benfica probably just trying to get us to buy him. They are short of cash, but I can't see us paying the £10m they want for him
i think a years loan and £5 would be about right £3m down now and £3m next season. Anymore and I think it's a none starter
especially now Gallagher has signed.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(18-09-2020, 13:09)Salopbaggie Wrote: On Gallagher I would say he is more of a 'Yacob with finesse' type player than a Sawyers. I am unsure how he will fit comfortably into our set up, unless he is replacing Livermore or Sawyers and with the way Gallagher plays I would say he would be a more natural Livermore replacement than Sawyers.

I was thinking more along the lines of replacing a ball player (Sawyers) with a more combative player (Gallagher) so we are tougher in the centre of midfield. Then we have Krovinovic or Sawyers in the creative role.

That might even loosen up Sawyers a bit so he can play a similar role to what he played at Brentford.
As other posters have said in earlier posts it’s looking likely that Niang is on his way to Albion according to Nixon loan to buy. This is Bilic preferred choice to Deeney. Also it will not effect the Grant deal.
(20-09-2020, 13:35)wba13 Wrote: As other posters have said in earlier posts it’s looking likely that Niang is on his way to Albion according to Nixon loan to buy. This is Bilic preferred choice to Deeney. Also it will not effect the Grant deal.

Not exactly vprolific? With how Bilic is setting the team out who does he drop to play him. Robinson- Pereira or Diangana.
I'd be reasonably happy with Niang as he's a player with genuine pace who can create something out of nothing. Not really the out and out number 9 that I'd favour but still an improvement on what we have.

Makes sense to prefer him over Deeney and Gray. Deeney can barely run and I've never rated Gray.
Considering that Niang has only had 1 recent season where he has been consistently played as a striker (last season), it shouldn't be a surprise that he hasn't been prolific in his entire career.

He scored 10 in 26 in the league last season. That is a decent record.
I don't think Grant will happen unless we sell somebody first eg Hegazi. Niang with Deeney would be ok for me. Do not rate Gray. I would like to see another LB as Townsend is not good enough for premiership.
I know I often post rubbish, but how does signing strikers stop us conceding goals?
(20-09-2020, 18:39)Blue Baggie Wrote: I know I often post rubbish, but how does signing strikers stop us conceding goals?

BB hopefully Kipre, Ivanović and Hegazi can help there.
I certainly wouldn’t be selling Hegazi before Bartley.
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
(20-09-2020, 18:51)Worldclassalbion Wrote:
(20-09-2020, 18:39)Blue Baggie Wrote: I know I often post rubbish, but how does signing strikers stop us conceding goals?

BB hopefully Kipre, Ivanović and Hegazi can help there.
I certainly wouldn’t be selling Hegazi before Bartley.

I'm with you, but all the talk is we need strikers. IMO the basics are wrong Organisation - Discipline - Determination. We have been shoulder shrugging for a long time now. Everyone looks at someone else and thinks they are to blame. We need to sign a psychiatrist not a striker.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »