Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Spending millions is not the answer look at Fulham and the Seals as two prime examples over the last few years.
The right manager and team spirit is the key. As Leicester and Sheff Utd have shown.
Our early season form last season was quality and IMO any repeat of that will see us picking up wins.
We certainly have the quality with Pereira and Diangana to shock anyone.
Sure we would all have liked a few more additions, we have lost Brunty, Barry, Burke, Leko, Tulloch, Ferguson, & Krov from last seasons squad.
But and it's a big "but", the PL finances have been savaged and we must not spend money we don't have.
We must remember only Ferguson made regular appearances during our prolific start last season, so the leavers will make little or no difference.
drewks likes this post
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Agree on not spending millions and I do believe unlike Villa, if you have the nerve to hold on until late in the transfer window That prices will go down because clubs will need the money to cover Covid . I still think we will get Krovinovic loan to buy, buy Grant and Gallagher and Deeney on loan. There will be sales and loans out also. Could there also be a surprise on or near deadline day.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
(12-09-2020, 14:56)wba13 Wrote: Agree on not spending millions and I do believe unlike Villa,  if you have the nerve to hold on until late in the transfer window That prices will go down because clubs will need the money to cover Covid . I still think we will get Krovinovic loan to buy, buy Grant and Gallagher and Deeney on loan. There will be sales and loans out also. Could there also be a surprise on or near deadline day.

Your spot about prices dropping. We ideally would move Austin and Zohore on to free wages up, before securing any new strikers. The money we get for them will be minimal. A relevant question is what do we need to do to keep Bilic happy?
(12-09-2020, 18:14)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 14:56)wba13 Wrote: Agree on not spending millions and I do believe unlike Villa,  if you have the nerve to hold on until late in the transfer window That prices will go down because clubs will need the money to cover Covid . I still think we will get Krovinovic loan to buy, buy Grant and Gallagher and Deeney on loan. There will be sales and loans out also. Could there also be a surprise on or near deadline day.

Your spot about prices dropping. We ideally would move Austin and Zohore on to free wages up, before securing any new strikers. The money we get for them will be minimal. A relevant question is what do we need to do to keep Bilic happy?
I think we will sell a CB, probably Hegazi, to help fund Grant.
Liverpool v Dirty Leeds will be a good measure of the levels between a top championship side and a top PL club.

(12-09-2020, 18:22)SomersetBaggie Wrote:

A CB may go but if Grant does come Zohore and Austin won't even make the bench ? As Austin is our highest paid player I can't see the point in keeping him? 
Like WBA13 said a few more ins and outs will happen before deadline day.
(12-09-2020, 18:22)SomersetBaggie Wrote:

I think you 3 have summarised it well. If we can get in ivanovic, and Grant. Loan in Gallagher, Krovinovic and Deeney (although I think the krov and Deeney deals will run as their parent clubs will want to sell, whilst we want to loan) but I think they will happen in the end one way or another. Plus I hope for one more left field signing. 

That means we need to get rid of Zohore and Austin which will be similar, in that we want to sell but others want to loan. I think Hegazi will be sold. That will leave Field and Harper. One to be kept and one to go out on loan. I would prefer Field to stay, have a good look at him, as I think Harper needs a good run in a team, playing big boys football. So loan him out. 

If all the above happens, I think we have a run at staying up, plus we still have January to tweak it a little.

One last thought can we tie down Bilic to a longer contract, I love him as our manager, and would want to keep him even if we did end up back in the championship next year!
drewks likes this post
A lot have suggested we may sell Hegazi. Personally I would prefer to get rid of Bartley. Or am I in the minority?
BaggieSteve likes this post
(12-09-2020, 21:28)twertonparkbaggie Wrote: A lot have suggested we may sell Hegazi. Personally I would prefer to get rid of Bartley. Or am I in the minority?

I think it is a case of the likelihood of getting a buyer for Hegazi is higher than for somebody wanting to pay for Bartley
harrogatebaggie and Blue Baggie like this post
Masi from the express and Star and Madeley from the Athletic reporting that Conor Gallagher is on his way to the Hawthorns season long loan from Chelsea. Excellent addition if true.
All round midfielder.
drewks, Blue Baggie, Baggievicar And 1 others like this post
Ivanovic looks like a done deal too
https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/09/1...al-passed/
Blue Baggie and BaggieSteve like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »