Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
If we EVER signed anyone even half as ego driven as Balotelli I would have great difficulty supporting the club I've followed since the mid 60's.
Absolute p*ick
(28-08-2020, 14:16)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(28-08-2020, 13:15)Arcane Astral Aeons Wrote: no no no no no

Suarez?
Ballotelli ?

had to check the date
just to make sure it wasnt April 1st

seriously

Where's your sense of adventure, it could be fantastic business - 2 world class strikers with Pereira and Krov feeding them, wow the more I think about it. the more I like it.
OK It was a bit tongue in cheek, but it's no worse then £20 million for Eze.
And they would outscore him that's for sure and they are available for free.
I'd take both of them, the shirt sales would pay for the wages Big Grin

i think the main word here is WERE
Balotelli No thanks
Suarez  is not a world class striker
world class biter maybe
can imagine if we signed him all our opponents would be wearing arm guards
@Kristien 1965
I'm surprised to read (above) that Suarez ay much cop. He was great 5 (?) years ago - has he lost it?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Troy Deeney link mentioned just about everywhere. Loan, £60+k a week tho.
Could be a good deal, IMO for a season - good experience, knows where the goal is, a real leader.
This one seems to have legs
wba1978 likes this post
(28-08-2020, 16:47)talkSAFT Wrote: I'm surprised to read (above) that Suarez ay much cop. He was great 5 (?) years ago - has he lost it?

i think he went downhill after he changed his dentist

i`ll get me coat   and umbrella and canoe
@Kristien 1965
Sauarez, Messi...... 2 year contract and sell at Christmas.

Troy Deeney..... Maybe a pay per play deal.

None going to happen. We know we will get Joe Soap, Diego Bloggs and Ura Frei at the end of the window.

DD (Glass empty emoji x 2)
Ubique.
Troy averages 10 goals a season including penalties.
One reason Watford have been relegated, taking him IMO would be a mistake.
I never forgave him for not joining us when we were relegated, he was far too motivated by his wages at the time.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(28-08-2020, 18:15)Blue Baggie Wrote: Troy averages 10 goals a season including penalties.
One reason Watford have been relegated, taking him IMO would be a mistake.
I never forgave him for not joining us when we were relegated, he was far too motivated by his wages at the time.

What's that about Blue? Don't ever remember us being linked before..... and why WOULD he have come if we'd just gone down?
(just asking!)
Still think he'd be very good for us for the first year - never lets defenders settle, and WANTS TO WIN!!
I remember his being linked with us, but can't really remember why people thought it was likely. Because he's a vaguely local lad?
When we were in deep trouble, we tried to sign him. He turned us down enough said.

Taken from 30th Jan 2018 E & D

West Brom never offered enough to tempt Watford into selling captain and talisman Troy Deeney, sources have claimed.

Midlands-based Express and Star has claimed the 29-year-old forward met with Baggies representatives yesterday, but they could not thrash out a deal which was suitable for both parties.

However, sources in Hertfordshire have stated that despite contact between the two clubs, there was never a fee agreed or any formal talks held between Deeney and the Baggies.

But they were unwilling to spend upwards of £20 million on a striker who has already missed seven games through suspension this season, has little resale value at 29 and has scored only one goal in open play since last April.

In the end, West Brom plumped for Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge instead, and have since completed the loan of the England man.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »