Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Whilst I love all this reminiscing isn’t this meant to be a transfer thread?
(05-08-2020, 09:24)derbybaggie Wrote: Whilst I love all this reminiscing isn’t this meant to be a transfer thread?

derbybaggie, I believe that Transfer News can now be found on a thread titled 'Beef Dripping' on page 34
Smartass Doh
Baggievicar likes this post
Apologies all, I think it was me asking about Spangles that kicked this off.
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
(05-08-2020, 10:41)drewks Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 09:24)derbybaggie Wrote: Whilst I love all this reminiscing isn’t this meant to be a transfer thread?

derbybaggie, I believe that Transfer News can now be found on a thread titled 'Beef Dripping' on page 34
Smartass  Doh

Beefy dripping?? Is he????

Obviously chewing too many fishermen's friend. Doh
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Well with the Fulham win last night I guess the vultures (including West Brom) will be hovering over Brentford - what chance of Ollie Watkins?
I also read that Villa fans believe their club will be signing Benraima. Make of that what you will although I thought his performance last night was very under par
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/08/0...nternation

https://the72.co.uk/184711/west-brom-rec...ir-pursuit

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/08/0...backs-west-

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/08/0...n-robinson-

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/357191814172619330/

Is that better DD Huh Huh
Ubique.
Back on track. Wink
From Percy.
West Bromwich Albion will listen to offers for former England defender Kieran Gibbs, £15 million signing Oliver Burke and Kenneth Zohore as they prepare for the Premier League.

Slaven Bilic is keen to trim his bloated squad following promotion from the Championship and will move to offload a number of fringe players, with Sam Field and Jonathan Leko also to be made available.

Gibbs, the former Arsenal left-back, will see his wages doubled to £55,000 a week following promotion and only made 15 appearances last season.

West Brom are set to move for Wigan defender Antonee Robinson, 22, so Gibbs is free to leave the Hawthorns this summer for a minimal fee.

Burke, the big-money signing from Red Bull Leipzig, and Zohore will also be cleared to go as Albion move to lower their wage bill and make space for their 25-man squad.

Meanwhile, West Brom are set to tie up the £8.25 million signing of Matheus Pereira later this month.

Pereira will officially complete a permanent move to the Championship runners-up when he signs the paperwork on his return from holiday.

The Brazilian winger triggered a clause to make his move permanent when he passed 30 appearances for the club in June.

Signed on loan from Sporting Lisbon in August, Pereira was one of the Championship’s stand-out players under Slaven Bilic.

West Brom are also poised to start talks with Benfica over another loan deal for Croatian midfielder Filip Krovinovic.
(05-08-2020, 14:20)wba13 Wrote: From Percy.
West Bromwich Albion will listen to offers for former England defender Kieran Gibbs, £15 million signing Oliver Burke and Kenneth Zohore as they prepare for the Premier League.

Slaven Bilic is keen to trim his bloated squad following promotion from the Championship and will move to offload a number of fringe players, with Sam Field and Jonathan Leko also to be made available.

Gibbs, the former Arsenal left-back, will see his wages doubled to £55,000 a week following promotion and only made 15 appearances last season.

West Brom are set to move for Wigan defender Antonee Robinson, 22, so Gibbs is free to leave the Hawthorns this summer for a minimal fee.

Burke, the big-money signing from Red Bull Leipzig, and Zohore will also be cleared to go as Albion move to lower their wage bill and make space for their 25-man squad.

Meanwhile, West Brom are set to tie up the £8.25 million signing of Matheus Pereira later this month.

Pereira will officially complete a permanent move to the Championship runners-up when he signs the paperwork on his return from holiday.

The Brazilian winger triggered a clause to make his move permanent when he passed 30 appearances for the club in June.

Signed on loan from Sporting Lisbon in August, Pereira was one of the Championship’s stand-out players under Slaven Bilic.

West Brom are also poised to start talks with Benfica over another loan deal for Croatian midfielder Filip Krovinovic.

.... all makes sense..... apart from reading about Gibbs! Obviously hindsight, etc etc., but I can't help feeling we're going to be stuck with him --who's going to pay those sort of wages to someone who's only going to play 10 - 15 games a season? Great player though he is still, when fit. What chances of the hamstring being completely OK with a good rest till, say, October?

No mention of Austin & HRK so presumably they'll be staying. Maybe they're both actually more suited to the PL, Austin particularly?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »