Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
(08-08-2019, 16:24)valpayne Wrote: Time to break radio silence. Not convinced about Austin tho his goal ratio is good but if there was any hope we’re still not dead in the water for DG back on loan then we’d have some hope of a decent strike force. Interesting few hours ahead ??

Sorry to correct you Val but I think Championship transfer period closes at 5.00 p.m. today.

One or two strange ones which may be of interest:-

Scott Carson has signed a loan deal with Man City, (Have they run out of money?)
Luke Steele has signed a loan deal at Millwall. Correct me if I'm wrong but was he not with us at one time and could he face us on Saturday?

I see that Dennis Praet has been snapped up for approx 17M. Shame!!
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Former #afc forward Chris Willock has agreed a one-year loan deal to move from Benfica to #wba
The 21-year-old came through the Arsenal academy before moving to Portugal two summers ago.
Hats off to Albion - that’s some business done on the last day.
Close to 5pm now pierria still waiting but club can announce as late as 7pm as long as paper work is submitted before 5pm taking longer because of his Brazilian origin with Portuguese passport ....
Or so I'm told ...
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(08-08-2019, 17:51)silverbaggie Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 16:24)valpayne Wrote: Time to break radio silence. Not convinced about Austin tho his goal ratio is good but if there was any hope we’re still not dead in the water for DG back on loan then we’d have some hope of a decent strike force. Interesting few hours ahead ??

Sorry to correct you Val but I think Championship transfer period closes at 5.00 p.m. today.

One or two strange ones which may be of interest:-

Scott Carson has signed a loan deal with Man City, (Have they run out of money?)
Luke Steele has signed a loan deal at Millwall. Correct me if I'm wrong but was he not with us at one time and could he face us on Saturday?

I see that Dennis Praet has been snapped up for approx 17M. Shame!!

I did mean approx few hours as in from when I wrote that up to and including the 5&7pm deadlines ?
Pereira has now signed. Albion have posted a welcome video on twitter.

I’m happy with it as long as he cuts out the Neymar-like antics of last season.
Panic over :-)
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/august/p...e-baggies/

Mattwilson@expressandstar

In all seriousness, on the face of it that's an impressive window for #wba. Lots of business done. Nine new faces, six perms, three loans. Average age reduced, plenty of attacking options, spine rejuvenated by Ajayi, Sawyers + Austin, and by my reckoning, some money made too
harrogatebaggie and wiltshire baggie like this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Pretty good window - I feel a lot better about our chances of goals, or at least making chances.
If Slaven can get everyone to gel we're going to see some quick, slick, exciting stuff on a par with my Evening Prayer services.
talkSAFT, BaggieSteve, drewks like this post
Bilic wanted 4 and he has got 4, Dowling and his team can take a bow - but Jesus you make it utter madness for you and us the fans.
We have to give credit where it's due. Well done Luke.
Slav we need you to keep us at the top of the EFL now and make the rest frightened to come to the shrine.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Like it!
Good business all round with particular emphasis on young, pacey players with something to prove.
Let's go!
I'm going against the concensus, always rated Charlie Austin and hated us playing against him. Big, strong and knows where the goal is. Injuries have been a problem, but if we can get/keep him fit we've got a player in my opinion. My bold prediction is that he'll get us 15/20 goals this season at Championship level.

For the first time in a long time, this feels like and could turn out to be a fantastic transfer window Thumb up
A brilliant window, one slight disappointment is Gayle not back but we have to be pleased with the business done
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »