Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Where has Matheus Pereira gone ? Stuck on the M5 !?
Starting to feel a little more confident, if only we could get Gale signed up.
(08-08-2019, 16:24)valpayne Wrote: Time to break radio silence. Not convinced about Austin tho his goal ratio is good but if there was any hope we’re still not dead in the water for DG back on loan then we’d have some hope of a decent strike force. Interesting few hours ahead ??

I hour & 20 mins to be precise or until 7pm if some paperwork is in with the EFL Whistle
I think the Austin deal is a bit of a gamble, given his lack of goal scoring exploits over the past 2-3 years.

He is a player with a track record of scoring, but has looked overweight and injury prone at times.

However on a positive, he looks pretty lean on the signing photo. Hopefully he's had a good summer, can get a consecutive run of games in the team and replicate some of the form he had 5-6 years ago. Could go either way this one, but could be a masterstroke if he can actually stay fit.
(08-08-2019, 17:11)Slick_Footwork Wrote: I think the Austin deal is a bit of a gamble, given his lack of goal scoring exploits over the past 2-3 years.

He is a player with a track record of scoring, but has looked overweight and injury prone at times.

However on a positive, he looks pretty lean on the signing photo. Hopefully he's had a good summer, can get a consecutive run of games in the team and replicate some of the form he had 5-6 years ago. Could go either way this one, but could be a masterstroke if he can actually stay fit.

Fwiw the best form of his career at QPR in the premier league was when he had Matty Phillips on the wing, setting them up for him...
Being reported that it is hoped "still aiming to complete deals for Pereira and Willock before 5pm"
(08-08-2019, 17:25)Salopbaggie Wrote: Being reported that it is hoped "still aiming to complete deals for Pereira and Willock before 5pm"

Could see Pereira playing up front and hope this one is done before 5.
Pereira, if he signs, will be used either on the left or right wing. I think Willock, who is also a winger, can play as a striker so he might be used as there.
Chris Willock In one year loan
I'm not overly concerned with Pereira and Willock, as we seem to have an abundance of attacking players who can operate in wide areas.

As nice as it is to get new blood, we have Phillips, Edwards, Diangana, Krovinovic and Burke who can all play there. I'm not so sure why we are pursuing so many of the same type of player.

We have an 18 year old right back and 2 fit senior centre backs, surely this is higher priority? Would be nice sneak Mason Holgate through the door somehow...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »