Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Charlie Austin has got something against running.... good finisher though.
(08-08-2019, 11:35)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 11:33)betterthanbaird Wrote: Yep Field and Leko both done, season long loan https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/august/d...s-on-loan/

Bowyer seems like a very good manager so they should both get a lot out of the move.

I agree we should gt them out on loan if we are not playing them, but to a rival club  Huh  Huh

As long as they perform well against Leeds, Derby etc. They cannot play against their parent club in any competition.
(08-08-2019, 11:33)betterthanbaird Wrote: Yep Field and Leko both done, season long loan https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/august/d...s-on-loan/

Bowyer seems like a very good manager so they should both get a lot out of the move.

I agree we should gt them out on loan if we are not playing them, but to a rival club  Huh  Huh

I'd like to think Charlton won't really be a rival club of ours this season.
(08-08-2019, 10:28)BaggieSteve Wrote: As someone who lives in Scotland and so sees a lot of domestic football up here, I’d say that Morelos is a very good striker. However, as has been pointed out already, he has a huge disciplinary issue and, in all likelihood, would only be available for 75% of the season and banned for the rest. Charlie Austin fills me with less enthusiasm and I would have preferred Scott Hogan to him. The fact that we’re being linked with Austin, Nacki Wells and Frazier Campbell tells us how far we have fallen over the last two years. I also see that Ajeti has signed for West Ham so another possibility disappears. Saido’s a free agent now  Whistle

I doubt very much WBA were in for morelos.

There would be work permit issues for a start, and the guy is mentally not up to it. He is a decent penalty box finisher on his day, but his price has been overinflated by a club that are desperate to sell him and using their contacts in the media to try and drum up interest. He will end up moving to somewhere like turkey for an "undisclosed fee".

Austin is a far better player.
(08-08-2019, 11:49)Northwalesbaggie Wrote:

As long as they perform well against Leeds, Derby etc. They cannot play against their parent club in any competition.

Personally would have liked to have seen how Field went along side Sawyers instead of Livermore.
Have to trust SB's judgment though I suppose.
(08-08-2019, 12:42)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:28)BaggieSteve Wrote: As someone who lives in Scotland and so sees a lot of domestic football up here, I’d say that Morelos is a very good striker. However, as has been pointed out already, he has a huge disciplinary issue and, in all likelihood, would only be available for 75% of the season and banned for the rest. Charlie Austin fills me with less enthusiasm and I would have preferred Scott Hogan to him. The fact that we’re being linked with Austin, Nacki Wells and Frazier Campbell tells us how far we have fallen over the last two years. I also see that Ajeti has signed for West Ham so another possibility disappears. Saido’s a free agent now  Whistle

I doubt very much WBA were in for morelos.

There would be work permit issues for a start, and the guy is mentally not up to it. He is a decent penalty box finisher on his day, but his price has been overinflated by a club that are desperate to sell him and using their contacts in the media to try and drum up interest. He will end up moving to somewhere like turkey for an "undisclosed fee".

Austin is a far better player.

My problem with Austin, Jim, is that he has a poor injury record and a bang average goalscoring record since his move to Southampton (accepting his previous record in the Championship is far better, but that was a few years ago). It's not like we already have any prolific strikers already because we don't. We desperately need one striker guaranteed to at least reach double figures and I don't see Austin as that bloke. Hope I'm wrong.
I agree with you regarding Morelos having an overinflated price but that's the current, insane transfer market.

(08-08-2019, 13:01)wba1978 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 11:49)Northwalesbaggie Wrote:

Personally would have liked to have seen how Field went along side Sawyers instead of Livermore.
Have to trust SB's judgment though I suppose.

Totally agree! Keeping Livermore but letting Field go seems an unbelievably retrograde step
Have we signed anyone yet?. Do i need to polish my boots?. I'm a free agent Whistle . Seriously i can't concentrate at work. SB please sign at least 2 NOW!! so i can get back to work. Smartass
Baggievicar likes this post
Not terribly enamoured with the whole Charlie Austin thing either if I'm honest... He's old, can't run, and is always injured.
We really need to be doing better than him.
I know there's a shortage of good strikers out there, but really?
Seem's to be happening though (if he passes the medical that is!) Whistle
Strange things going on ?
Newcastle have now moved in and are favourite to sign Austin !!!!
Newcastle ??? Mmmmm !!
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I hope the club have remembered it's not an 11 pm end to the window this time.
wba1978 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »