Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
I see that Cardiff have signed Robert Glatzel from Heidenheim. I don’t think he’s worth £5.5 million because his strike partner Nikola Dovedan moved to Nürnberg for only £2.25 million but I think we should have been looking at Glatzel as an option.

As someone who watches the German 2nd division as much as possible (it is my favourite league), I saw him play at times last season in the league when Heidenheim were on BT Sport against Hamburg and Köln and also in the DFB Pokal, and even though he’s 6 foot 4, he’s not just a big lump upfront. He has good movement, leads the line well and makes intelligent runs to open up space. He scored 17 goals in 29 matches last season in all competitions which is a good record and 13 of those goals came in the league as Heidenheim finished in 5th.

If you ignore the price, which I think is too much, Cardiff have a good player with potential on their hands. If we are able to sign Ajeti though, we’ll have made the better deal.

Slick, I don’t know why Colak hasn’t found a club since February. It is rather strange unless the Saudi club that he left had a clause saying that he couldn’t sign for anyone within a certain amount of time.
Ok reading below first the good news WBA have reached a agreement for Pereria hurrah, however two stumbling blocks he's never left Portugal so has no passport and another championship team after all the negotiating has entered a bid rumoured to be Leeds !!!
Agreement seems to be hanging on the passport which sporting think they can do before deadline day so all good but the spanner in the works is the other bid ...

Update?| #WBA

Portuguese newspapers O Jogo and Record have both revealed that, despite living in Portugal since he was a teenager, Pereira doesn’t have a Portuguese passport.

[Thread... ??] https://t.co/xjNf4VV2mE
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
And it hadn't occurred to him before that to play in another country he'd need a passport? A bit of a thinker, is he?
Mind you, he should sack his agent for not dealing with that.
.... didn't he play in Germany?
Pereira is Brazilian and has lived in Portugal since he was 14 so it’s surprising that he hasn’t got a Portuguese passport.

He was in Germany last season with Nürnberg so he should have a Brazilian passport. How would he have moved to Portugal from Brazil without a Brazilian passport and ze Germans wouldn’t have let him in last year without one, surely?
(31-07-2019, 20:48)WBA-Josh Wrote: Pereira is Brazilian and has lived in Portugal since he was 14 so it’s surprising that he hasn’t got a Portuguese passport.

He was in Germany last season with Nürnberg so he should have a Brazilian passport. How would he have moved to Portugal from Brazil without a Brazilian passport and ze Germans wouldn’t have let him in last year without one, surely?

Maybe it's expired or something simple?
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
" Maybe it's expired or something, simple?"

Big harsh, BB? Big Grin Big Grin
I believe you can travel to schengen countries without a passport, Britain is not a schengen country.
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Pereira has been tying to get dual citizenship which would class him as an EU national but he didn’t have dual citizenship when he joined Nürnberg last summer. Therefore, he’d have needed to get a residence visa to be in Germany for over 90 days. That would have needed a passport.

This whole passport thing is just strange to me, if it is indeed true. He clearly has a Brazilian passport so why not use that to come here. All I can think of is he has been granted dual citizenship and wants to enter the U.K. as a dual citizen.

Anyway, I’ve talked about Pereira as a player a few weeks ago but never spoke of him positionally. Last season at Nürnberg, he was used as a right winger 8 times and left winger 5 times. During his career he has played right wing 13 more times than left wing.

For us though, I imagine we’ll sign him to play on the left wing because that’s where we’re lacking right now and because we have Phillips and Leko on the right side. His ability to play on both sides means he’ll really push Phillips and Edwards to play at their best right from the start.
That's what we want to see:
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...er-treble/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »