Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
LOOKING AT WHAT WE CURRENTLY HAVE IN OUR TRANSFER POT
A lot of assumptions I'm afraid - we certainly don't get a £35m parachute payment in one lump it will be 3 or 4 payments through the season, so we can assume only £9m has been received atm, This should be ignored and calculated into the running costs of the club over the season.
Any sales we only get a % normally dependent on the length of contract given to the player.
The initial £3.3m from the Chadli sale and any funds which were set aside for the Dack bid (est £4m) had all disappeared by Xmas as Jenkins was applying for loans from Barclay's. So we can discard that.
The Chadli sale - we had £3.3m last Sept and in Sept the 2nd of 3 payments are due? so still waiting for the 2nd payment.[£3.3m]
We still have payments to make for Gibbs, Johnstone & Bartley (Guess £6m) running total[£-2.7m]
JRod was indeed £5m over 2 seasons.[£2.3m]
Daws £5.5 would I assume be over 2 years with a % going through his sell on clause. [£4.3m]
Additional incoming funds for Foster - McClean - Rondon would be - Assuming Rondon's fee has been paid in full would be £21 million.[£25.3m]
Signing on and agents fees all have an impact on the final figures.[-10% approx £22m]
We would have approx £5m from 17,000 STH sales [£27m]
EFL prize money approx £7m [£34m]
TV money £120k/game x 10 = £1.2m [£35.2m]
Addition spectators £1.5m from 5000 additional supporters [£36.7m]
Ignoring Barry & Rogers funds as they will feed back into the Academy
We have purchased approx £12m of players and lets say spent £4.7m as initial outlays.[leaving £32m]
So the kitty should be looking at £32m Put aside £8m for further payments for players we have purchased and we still have £24MILLION spare.
With £27m in further parachute payments still to come through out the season to pay the clubs running costs.
Additional funds such as Ideal sponsership, strip sponsers, media, ground sponsers, etc will pull in several more millions which I have not included.
This would be needed to pay none footballing staff, policing, taxes, maint, etc, etc
So its £24 million to play with guys.
Most 20 goal+ strikers are ours if we want them, are we brave enough to buy them?
talkSAFT likes this post
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
You forgot Saido
We are suppose to be recieving the other half of £15 million this season from Stoke so out another 7.5 on top !!

Mattwilson@expressandstar...
#wba walk away from potential deal for Basel striker Albian Ajeti because of his wage demands. Albion retain an interest in Albian but looking elsewhere for now. Forwards very much the priority in final two weeks of the window https://t.co/JIGIZqBdST
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/albian-a...ler/195906

2 goals in 2 matches so far this season. He seems to have a similar style to Gayle; pace, movement and putting away chances and he’s also a bit taller at 6 foot.

I can understand walking away from the deal if his wage demands are too high but I hope the alternatives are just as good.
Good to hear that we ARE looking for at least 1 more forward
harrogatebaggie likes this post
https://the72.co.uk/140462/west-brom-tal...surrected/
Deal back on hope so looks the real deal !!
Mattwilson@expressandstar
Update on #wba’s interest in Albian Ajeti. I’m now told talks with Basel remain ongoing, and wage demands are not as incompatible as first thought. No guarantee of a deal, but the interest is not dead
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(29-07-2019, 18:16)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Deal back on hope so looks the real deal !!
Update on #wba’s interest in Albian Ajeti. I’m now told talks with Basel remain ongoing, and wage demands are not as incompatible as first thought. No guarantee of a deal, but the interest is not dead

[Image: albian-ajeti-fc-basel-1527087318-15575.jpg]
(29-07-2019, 18:16)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Deal back on hope so looks the real deal !!

So want this to be true... Potentially could be an amazing signing!  Thumb up

If he's demanding Prem wages though, sadly I think there's more chance of Bojo brushing his hair in the morning... Doh
Villa want Phillips apparently?  Hopefully just bulls**t...  

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/994599128?-11200:789
(30-07-2019, 12:28)wba1978 Wrote: Villa want Phillips apparently?  Hopefully just bulls**t...  

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/994599128?-11200:789

I have been one of Phillips biggest fans. However is it best to Cash in on him or lose him for free next year?. Does the club have an option clause to extend his contract?

There are some free agents ( footballers) without a club ( Gary Cahill, Lazar Markovic, Jack Rodwell, Andy Caroll etc). Which free agents would you think would help the squad this season. Who should we take a punt on?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »