Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
Norwich struggled in the championship and we're back filling with their rejects .... heaven help us ... have a word bv
(05-09-2018, 19:59)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote: What's with a new medical head - aren't they permenant or do they go when a new manager comes in or goes?

We either sacked ours or he left, sometime in the summer, I think.

(05-09-2018, 21:27)4evaabaggie Wrote: Norwich struggled in the championship and we're back filling with their rejects .... heaven help us ... have a word bv

I'd like to look on it as a selfless, perhaps even holy, desire on the part of Big Dave to prevent other teams from filling up their squads with canary-coloured pensioners....
Or maybe not.
Perhaps they're all his friends.
Or perhaps they'll be brilliant.
Or perhaps we won't sign them.
But it may explain why the green and yellow kit has reappeared.
(05-09-2018, 15:23)4evaabaggie Wrote: Free agents can be signed anytime I believe ..... otherwise it would be an infringement on their right to work.

West Brom close to signing veteran defender Wes Hoolahan after he left Norwich h at the start of the summer.

That would really hack me off ...... signing loanees or old freebies .....

Where's the building for the future?

Villa close to signing international superstar ..... John Terry left because his wages were an issue now villas cash rich takeover wages no longer a problem.

Source ..... News now

OOPs I think I may have started something - SORRY
AMAZING. !!!!

Johnpercy@telegraph
#nffc are set to sign former #wba midfielder Claudio Yacob, who is a free agent after his release at the end of last season. Yacob is having a medical today
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(06-09-2018, 12:25)Beefy 1965 Wrote: AMAZING. !!!!

Johnpercy@telegraph
#nffc are set to sign former #wba midfielder Claudio Yacob, who is a free agent after his release at the end of last season. Yacob is having a medical today

I would like to know exactly why Yacob was let go at the end of his contract. His style of play is limited in the Premier League but you need someone like him in the Championship even if you want to play pure attacking football. I thought he’d have been a perfect player for us this season alongside Livermore, Field or Harper.

I remember it was stated that he wanted to go back to Argentina but here we are with him possibly joining Forest.
(06-09-2018, 13:00)WBA-Josh Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 12:25)Beefy 1965 Wrote: AMAZING. !!!!

Johnpercy@telegraph

I would like to know exactly why Yacob was let go at the end of his contract. His style of play is limited in the Premier League but you need someone like him in the Championship even if you want to play pure attacking football. I thought he’d have been a perfect player for us this season alongside Livermore, Field or Harper.

I remember it was stated that he wanted to go back to Argentina but here we are with him possibly joining Forest.

Odd decisions 3 older guys out, maybe 3 old ens back in, the difference will be the salaries. Yacob and Gmac would have been on good wages, where as the Mears / others will be on peanuts. It's just more cost cutting.
Mattwilson@e&s

Been to the training ground today and can confirm free agents Wes Hoolahan and Russell Martin are both on trial at #wba today and tomorrow https://t.co/wAygfSQCjp
Hoolahan is still class and good luck to Claudio, we should have kept him.
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
This is another bit of bad management from somewhere, all the people we have let go, loans out and selling Chadli on the final day,
Someone has to get a grip at the top of this club once and for all. Angry

West Brom could lose Harvey Barnes in the new year as recall clause is confirmed. #wba https://t.co/DB34z7rZ7x http s://t.co/HVQ0kb09V6
I might be wrong as I'm only speculating, but I suspect the club released Yacob in a similar vain to how they released Myhill earlier in the summer. I suspect they released him in the hope this would coax him into accepting a lower salary later on.

The reason I assume this is because he was still a decent performer and at a decent age. But obviously, he's a player who only ever knew Premiership wages from his time in England and we probably wanted him to accept much less.

However, maybe he was too stubborn to accept less than he was on before or Forest have simply offered him more cash than we have. The fact he still hasn't signed for anyone up to now suggests he's been waiting to get as much cash as possible.

Of course, I could be wrong and the club might just think he's past it. But I suspect we tried to push his wages down too much.

As for Hoolahan and Martin, I've got mixed thoughts if they sign.

They were 2 of Norwich's best players a couple of years ago. However I haven't seen them play since Norwich were relegated from the Prem, so I don't know if they were released to save money (they were obviously high earners by Norwich standards) or because they are past it. At 36, it would seem ominous for Hoolahan, however looking at forums, Norwich fans seem to think he can still do a job at this level.

Positive: Our squad is too thin and we need backups. We can't sign anyone permanently at the moment and these 2 would provide a short term fix. They obviously aren't being brought in to improve the first team, but could be reasonable back up or cup players. Martin could be a better option than Mears.

Negative: It screams of desperation and trying to patch over holes. The fact our squad is so thin that we need these guys as backup shows how poor our summer dealings were. I don't really understand the logic of releasing the likes of McAuley and Yacob and signing these guys. It makes a mockery of our entire transfer policy.

Overall, if they are a patch until January and we then get our sh*t together, fair enough. But if this is the master plan to get us promoted, it's laughable.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »