Sports Babble - sports forum
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window (/showthread.php?tid=6488)

Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window - Stairs - 19-03-2018

Latest:
The January Transfer window closes at 5PM on Thursday 31st January.  

So far:
BD has been a revelation, if somewhat mysterious with substitutions – what will he do now?

Rumours so far:
(Not a comprehensive list so contributions backed up with links please)
INCOMING
Keepers:
None

….
Gone/Missed:
None

Defenders:
In – Mason Holgate (Everton) – On loan for rest of season

Greg Cunningham (Preston) – (06 Oct, ReadWestBrom) – Early link for January
Gone/Missed:
None

Midfielders:
None

CJ Hamilton (Mansfield) – (Jan 03, FootballInsider247) – BA have made an approach
James McCarthy (Everton) – (Jan 03, FootballTransferTavern) – Loan deal suggested
Victor Wanyama (Spurs) – (Jan 01, Tothelaneandback) – Albion have made enquiries
Joe Lolley (Nottingham Forest) – (Dec 29, BrumLive) - £10m link to winger
Romaine Sawyers (Brentford) – (Dec 29, HITC) – Linked again alongside Villa
Marcus Browne (West Ham) – (19 Dec, ReadWestBrom) – A number of clubs interested
Gone/Missed:
None

Strikers
None

Bradley Dack (Blackburn) – (06 Oct, HITC) – Greater Fire Power Promised
Gone/Missed:
None

Rumoured to be leaving
Salamon Rondon – Exit Clause in contract
Nacer Chadli – Exit Clause in contract
Jake Livermore – Rumours of Villa interest
Oliver Burke – wanted by Millwall

International Duty Watch
Cameroon: Nyom
Egypt: Hegazi

England: Livermore, Dawson, Rodriguez
N. Ireland: Brunt
Scotland: Burke, Morrison, Phillips
Wales: Robson-Kanu

Current 2018/19 West Bromwich Albion First Team Squad
(Shirt numbers go up to 50. Youth Players not in the squad are detailed in WBA-1996's Official Development XI Thread
Unallocated shirt numbers based on vacancies and those known to be leaving are: 02, 09, 31, 33, 38, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

Championship Squad
Goalkeepers:
01 Sam Johnstone (HG) - Contract expires June 2021

13 Boaz Myhill – Contract expires June 2019
23 Jonathan Bond – Contract expires June 2021
39 Alex Palmer – Contract expires June 2019

Defenders:

03 Kieran Gibbs – Contract expires June 2020
05 Kyle Bartley – Contract expires June 2021
12 Tyrone Mears – Contract expires end of January 2019
14 Connor Townsend – Contract expires 2021
24 Oluwatosin AdarabioyoSeason long loan from Man City
25 Craig Dawson (HG) - Contract expires June 2020

26 Ahmed Hegazy – Signed – Contract expires June 2022
30 Max Melbourne – Contract expires 2021 Partick Thistle on loan.
32 Jack Fitzwater – Contract expires 2021 Season long loan to Walsall
33 Kane Wilson – Contract expires June 2019 Loaned to Walsall for season
40 Kyle Howkins – Contract expires June 2019

Midfielders:
07 James Morrison (HG) – Contract expires June 2019
08 Jake Livermore – Contract expires 2021
10 Matt Phillips – Contract expires June 2020
11 Chris Brunt (HG) – Contract expires June 2019
15 Harvey Barnes – Season long loan

17 Oliver Burke – Contract expires 2023
18 Gareth Barry – Contract expires 2019
20 Jonathan Leko – Contract expires June 2021
22 Wes Hoolahan – Contract eexpires JANUARY 2019
28 Sam Field - Contract expires June 2022
34 Rekeem Harper – Contract expires June 2019
nn Bakery Sako – Contract expires June 2019

Forwards:

04 Hal Robson-Kanu Contract expires June 2020
16 Dwight GayleSeason long loan from Newcastle
19 Jay Rodriguez – Contract expires 2021
21 Kyle Edwards – Contract expires June 2019

Under 21s: (Allocated shirt numbers)
27 Dara O’Shea – Loaned out

29 Yuning Zhang – On loan for 2018/19 season to ADO Den Haag
31 Rayhaan Tulloch

35 Callum Morton
36 Nathan Ferguson
37 Kyle Jameson
46 Shaun Donnellan (Defender)

Transfer Window Definition:
There are two transfer windows in each English Football League season.
·     The first starts at midnight on last day of the closing season and ends at 5pm on 5th August if a working day - or, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.
·     The second starts at midnight on the 31 December and ends 31 January if a working day, and again, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.
Loans (Temporary Transfers): In addition, EFL clubs will still be able to:
·      Sign Players on Standard Loan up to the 31st August 2018
·      Sign players on Standard Loan up to 31st August 2018 with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens
·      Register players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until 31st August 2018
·      Transfer players OUT to a club in any League whose window is still open
Home Grown Player: A player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or The Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of 3 seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21) and for the purposes of this definition of “Home Grown Player” a season will be deemed to commence on the date on which the first transfer window closes and expire on the date of the final league match of the season
Disclaimer: Guys, this is just a collection of what I have seen and read. It is not necessarily the truth or indeed all the data out there.

RE: WBA 2018/19 Xfer Window - Championship Rebuild - Stairs - 19-03-2018

If I bet I lose. If I predict I am wrong. So I'd like to think that this premature post will result in a miracle recovery.

But we all know in our hearts that the fight is over (we have to beat them all including Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs). The fat lady is singing, the bookies will be paying out soon and West Brom have already started scouting for players and I hope a new manager.

We will have some good cash from the Premier League to use and so lets hope for once the club spends it wisely.

RE: WBA 2018/19 Xfer Window - Championship Rebuild - Beefy 1965 - 19-03-2018

Let's hope the average age of the team comes down considerably from over 29 !!

RE: WBA 2018/19 Xfer Window - Championship Rebuild - SpenB - 19-03-2018

I may be off the mark here but didnt Tyler Roberts join Leeds in January and therefore isnt one of us any more?
Also
International Duty Watch:
Egypt: Hegazi
Turkey: Hegazy
Are these 2 the same person?

RE: WBA 2018/19 Xfer Window - Championship Rebuild - SpenB - 19-03-2018

West Brom want to sign Numancia's Spanish striker Guillermo, 24, for £2m next season as the club face relegation to the Championship.

RE: WBA 2018/19 Xfer Window - Championship Rebuild - Salopbaggie - 19-03-2018

Not so sure about Guillermo 7 clubs in 8 years even though a lot were back and forth on loan. More worrying is that Transfermark has his value at £1.1 mil in 2015, £800,000 in 2016 and £600,000 on 2017, a 24 years old striker would not be losing half his value in 2 years without cause. Not to mention his current club are in the LeLiga2, sitting 4 places above Tenerife, he was in the Spanish U17 squad but nothing since then.

RE: WBA 2018/19 Xfer Window - Championship Rebuild - talkSAFT - 19-03-2018

a) Ali Gabr - Season  Loan with Option to Buy:  Is he not fit enough or not good enough. Anyone know?

b) Nacer Chadli  - Contract expires 2020:  What exactly is his injury? Will he ever recover? Anyone know? (He must have been genuinely incapacitated following his refusal to do the Boot Camp last June, because Belgium have a good chance of glory this Summer).

c) Ahmed Hegazi  - Signed Contract to June 2022:  Was he mad signing that contract, or has he got an opt out clause on relegation? Anyone know?  
Going slightly off-topic.....
We've missed unsung hero GaryMac this season, as I believe he gave us more stability and organisation at the back, and left less gaps, but Hegazi would share my Player of the Year vote (with Foster), although he looked all over the place on Saturday, 2nd half. He might not have learnt positional sense so much, but he's been colossal, and puts the rest of the twots to shame with his enthusiasm.

RE: WBA 2018/19 Xfer Window - Championship Rebuild - Sir Megson - 19-03-2018

(19-03-2018, 16:14)talkSAFT Wrote: a) Ali Gabr -  Season  Loan with Option to Buy:  Is he not fit enough or not good enough. Anyone know?

b) Nacer Chadli  -  Contract expires 2020:  What exactly is his injury? Will he ever recover? Anyone know? (He must have been genuinely incapacitated following his refusal to do the Boot Camp last June, because Belgium have a good chance of glory this Summer).

c) Ahmed Hegazi  -  Signed Contract to June 2022:  Was he mad signing that contract, or has he got an opt out clause on relegation? Anyone know?  
Going slightly off-topic.....
We've missed unsung hero GaryMac this season, as I believe he gave us more stability and organisation at the back, and left less gaps, but Hegazi would share my Player of the Year vote (with Foster), although he looked all over the place on Saturday, 2nd half. He might not have learnt positional sense so much, but he's been colossal, and puts the rest of the twots to shame with his enthusiasm.

Can't disagree with your sentiments on effort levels from Hegazi, but my god, the last few games he's ball watched so much. Literally like a dog chasing a stick at times.

If he gets coached on that side of the game a little more he'd be one hell of a player.

RE: WBA 2018/19 Xfer Window - Championship Rebuild - Dingle-Dingle - 20-03-2018

Barcelona, Paris St-Germain, Real Madrid and West Bromwich Albion are all interested in signing Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah, 25, for a world record £200m. The Egyptian has scored 28 Premier League goals so far this season. (Sun)

DD Whistle Whistle

RE: WBA 2018/19 Xfer Window - Championship Rebuild - Baggiebob(BBB) - 20-03-2018

Hasn't Leko returned from Bristol City?