Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
Seems like we're really scraping the barrel here. A 35 year old who hasn't played in England for several years.

Hopefully he's still decent, but I'd very much doubt it.

Time for the owners to show some intent and get some serious loans in. Villa have done it with Bolasie, now it's time for us to do the same and grab someone like Danny Drinkwater. The new window means Premier Class players are available on loan - let's stop scraping the barrel!
We've scrapped the bottom of the barrel so hard we've gone right thorough and got ourselves a handful of dirt .... where is the intent, the investment, do we want to be back in the greed league ...... tough game at the weekend ... saddo for a hattrick
The owners have given up. Best get rid of them.
MEARS is.more then likely an option just incase we don't manage to get BD's main target. If he is Dm's 1st choice then his judgement is flawed!!! We have a couple of days to see how things pan out.
I honestly thought it was a joke when I saw it. Desperately hoping it's a stroke of genius, but 'I played with him at Derby'....?
(28-08-2018, 19:37)Baggievicar Wrote: I honestly thought it was a joke when I saw it. Desperately hoping it's a stroke of genius, but 'I played with him at Derby'....?

You as well Vic, so did Darren Moore. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

What is going on they are making a laughing stock of the club.  Is this signing just so we cannot say "you did not bring anyone in"???  I really do despair sometimes, sometimes = last 18 months. Angry Angry
Don't panic we have s very strong budget,Garlic said so Whistle
So far this window net spend of -2.5 million
Saved almost 700k a week.on wages alone
Let that sink in.....
More had been brought in as a puppet yes man etc etc
Strong budget my arse..
And to think they wouldn't give 37 Gmac a contract yet sign a 35 Rb from the Mls
We won't be paying him much he was only on 3k a week
Cheap cheap cheap
Rabbit out the bag before Friday...
Dream on, I give up Doh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I am behind BD 100% - but he is trying my loyalty. Signing Mears is one thing - putting him into the first team straight away is another. Others have been awaiting a chance for months. His decision making is just idiotic IMO - this is not how you build team spirit. The youngsters must just love being discarded at the drop of a hat. Each game DM tests my backing/support. He was never my 1st choice, but I said I would make my mind up about his suitability after the summer transfer window and results up until the end of September.
Went tonight; Tyrone Mears, what a player! We’d have been better playing with ten men, he’s dreadful
Wrigley likes this post
(28-08-2018, 23:57)BaggieSteve Wrote: Went tonight; Tyrone Mears, what a player! We’d have been better playing with ten men, he’s dreadful

Glad to hear it Steve Doh

Another signing within 24 Hours , a little older than Mears but hey ho  Rolleyes

WBAFC are please to announce that Dickie Borthwick has joined on a 2 year deal from F.C. Yarmouth. Head coach Darren Moore said “ I am really pleased to get someone with Dickie’s experience in that will be essential with all the games we have in the championship”

[Image: Dlrmj6EW4AA4_PT.jpg:large]
Baggievicar, Blue Baggie, BaggieSteve like this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Come ON, BD Angry

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot...r-15086537
wba1978 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »