Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
(09-08-2018, 17:57)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Dwindling contracts with most current senior players = low sell on value.
Plus lots of loanees who don't belong to us.

We could have big problems if we don't go back up at first attempt, the only way we will go up is to integrate Dawson and Chadli who could be the missing pieces however if Chadli goes abroad where are the playmakers, a cm of brunt and Livermore doesn't work and yet we don't go in for a CAm beggars belief !!

I cannot see us going up with the current squad, not even sure we will compete
So the thread stays open in the hope that we find some inspirational loan signing.
Baggievicar likes this post
Just in from work, can I confirm, no-one in, no-one out, window shut ( early 5 pm ). All that's left is the possibility of loans in and players out to none English leagues ........ heaven help us.
Don't give up, Stairs.
I just hope JP got paid in full, brcause something here stinks to high heaven. Where`s the money gone?? DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
So right now our squad is the following based on how Big Dave has used them and their default positions:

GK - Johnstone, Myhill, Bond

RB - Nyom

CB - Bartley, Hegazi, Adarabioyo

LB - Gibbs, Townsend

DM - Brunt, Barry

CM - Livermore, Harper, Field

RM - Phillips, Burke, Leko

LM - Barnes, Edwards

AM - Morrison

ST - Rodriguez, Gayle, Robson-Kanu

Dawson and Chadli to be integrated back into the squad if they’re mentally and physically up for the fight in the Championship.

Still time to get loans and there is still free transfers. All I expect to see is Cranie in as centre back and right back cover. Big Dave has been truly let down this summer and it’s now up to him and his coaching staff to get the best out of the resources.
Adarabioyo was used at RB against Forest. He should never be there again, admittedly - we'll see.
I see your final day transfer activity was as exciting as our was - no one in, no one out!!! Of course your lack of spending was by choice, ours was delivered in the form of a stupid EFL transfer embargo!!!!
An excellent window for Jenkins & Lai
I cant be bothered, but just wondering the value of the players who have gone Vs those that have come in?
Call me fickle but....
Totally underwhelmed.
Any hope of a quick return to the Premiership is now extinguished.
I fear we will end up being a mid-table Championship outfit or even worse, for a long time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »