Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
Popped out of a break-out session to take a peep!!

Ayling, Maddison - would be good. Rodriquez staying is not so bad , so long as he does not do a Byriani

Back to the grind - fingers crossed

Positive is that in Spain I am an hour ahead, so just when I think it's all over, I get another hour of transfer window hope
(09-08-2018, 14:37)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Tick tock 3.5 hours to go
Typical Albion window

On field Matt Wilson has just tweeted DM prefers Harper to Field,

Mattwilson@e&s#wba

It would appear DM prefers Harper, or at least thinks he offers something different to those already on the pitch.

I can understand that to a point from Big Dave. Field is more of a passer and Harper is more of a box-to-box midfielder so it all comes down to personal preference on Big Dave’s part.

Personally I’d rather we keep them both and use them both. Field in Brunt’s place in the left centre slot (Barry as his cover) and then Harper as Ozan Tufan’s understudy at the right centre slot. Livermore goes to Watford on loan and Brunt is used as left back competition to Townsend with Gibbs going to Torino.

Big Dave probably sees it completely different to me though so I expect Field will go out on loan, Livermore stays and Livermore, Harper, Brunt and Barry stay as our centre midfield players to choose from.
If something doesn't happen in the next two hours, lets all remember this isn't DM's fault and its the people above.

Remember that when the results don't go the right way and the anger is at DM.

He openly said after Forest we were looking to add 1-2 more bodies regardless of outgoings, if they don't come in then who becomes accountable?

Jenkins hit the ground running, Jenkins we have a strong budget
Jenkins sold season tickets and fans down the river .....
Or two hours to prove me wrong Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(09-08-2018, 16:24)Beefy 1965 Wrote: If something doesn't happen in the next two hours, lets all remember this isn't DM's fault and its the people above.

Remember that when the results don't go the right way and the anger is at DM.

He openly said after Forest we were looking to add 1-2 more bodies regardless of outgoings, if they don't come in then who becomes accountable?

Jenkins hit the ground running, Jenkins we have a strong budget
Jenkins sold season tickets and fans down the river .....
Or two hours to prove me wrong  Whistle

And the squad will be even weaker when Chadli and Gibbs go abroad after our window closes!!

Ryan Woods of Brentford is staying put. Would have loved him to become a Baggie. Looks like we will be limited to freebies and loans.

Jenkins has taken us for mugs with his promises...I guess he is happy now the season tickets have been sold Angry Angry Angry
Spotted in B71......

DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
Last 40 minutes and even the rumours have dried up. The club need to stand strong after the window closes, if clubs come in for loans tell them where to go, they had the chance to come in properly so unless we have a 'suitable' (better) player lined up, loan with an option to buy, tell them where to go. Sick to death of this nonsense twice a year and I see Spurs have been up to their normal dirty trick of unsettling players then disappearing.
I hope BD has a magic wand to wave over our centre midfield because he is going to need it following the inactivity today.

I guess the glass half full part of me should be pleased that Dawson and JRod have not gone. It will be interesting to see Dawson's attitude and reintroduction.
I hear the comments about the loan market and that we should not fall apart about this.

But FFS. Surely we should have been more aggressive in this window.

I give up. I don’t know why I bother maintaining this thread of inactivity
Dwindling contracts with most current senior players = low sell on value.
Plus lots of loanees who don't belong to us.

We could have big problems if we don't go back up at first attempt, the only way we will go up is to integrate Dawson and Chadli who could be the missing pieces however if Chadli goes abroad where are the playmakers, a cm of brunt and Livermore doesn't work and yet we don't go in for a CAM beggars belief !!
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(09-08-2018, 17:56)Stairs Wrote: I hear the comments about the loan market and that we should not fall apart about this.

But FFS. Surely we should have been more aggressive in this window.

I give up. I don’t know why I bother maintaining this thread of inactivity

Because you Lurve us DD Big Grin Big Grin
Stairs likes this post
Ubique.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »