Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
(08-08-2018, 21:11)Beefy 1965 Wrote: 3 Million bid for Rangers captain and we wonder why it's been rejected,
About time we moved out of this year 2000 bids

Rangers have rejected a bid for James Tavernier from West Bromwich Albion. Captain will only be sold if Rangers’ valuation is met.

We are not competing with our rivals in the transfer market...and the club is surprised when we cannot compete on the pitch. The way we were totally outplayed by Forest should have been a wake up call but I am not sure the board care as long as the club financials look ok.
(08-08-2018, 21:11)Beefy 1965 Wrote: 3 Million bid for Rangers captain and we wonder why it's been rejected,

Rangers have rejected a bid for James Tavernier from West Bromwich Albion. Captain will only be sold if Rangers’ valuation is met.

To be fair Beefy, Villa have just signed arguably Hibs best player John McGinn for just under 3m quid. I think 3m for tavernier is not far off the mark.

He played for us on loan from Newcastle, as Jim said good going forward, not so good defensively. If you play 3 at the back with wing backs then I think he would be a good signing.
(08-08-2018, 21:35)St Charles Owl Wrote:

To be fair Beefy, Villa have just signed arguably Hibs best player John McGinn for just under 3m quid.  I think 3m for tavernier is not far off the mark.

He played for us on loan from Newcastle, as Jim said good going forward, not so good defensively.  If you play 3 at the back with wing backs then I think he would be a good signing.

Id go so far as to say a rotten defender Laugh But if he is used in the system you outline, then you are right he could be a very good player. A real attacking threat.

To be fair Beefy, Villa have just signed arguably Hibs best player John McGinn for just under 3m quid.  I think 3m for tavernier is not far off the mark.

He played for us on loan from Newcastle, as Jim said good going forward, not so good defensively.  If you play 3 at the back with wing backs then I think he would be a good signing.

Hibs is not Rangers though mate,
Plus it's their captain and Gerrard and Rangers say the offer is derisory,
So how did Hibs not haggle with AV ?
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Madisson's buy out clause has been met by two championship teams. May be one to follow tomorrow.
(08-08-2018, 22:38)SomersetBaggie Wrote: Madisson's buy out clause has been met by two championship teams. May be one to follow tomorrow.

Beat me to it Somerset ....

Two championship clubs have met Marcus Maddison's 2.5mil release clause. WBA were heavily linked with the midfielder.

#WBA
(08-08-2018, 22:36)Beefy 1965 Wrote:

Hibs is not Rangers though mate,
Plus it's their captain and Gerrard and Rangers say the offer is derisory,
So how did Hibs not haggle with AV ?

Tavernier has only captained them since gerrard arrived. ie not long.

We got the best deal we could from AV,mcginn could have left for nothing in january.
OK FINAL DAY - Fingers Crossed as if we do not feature heavily today we are in for a very tough season!!!

I am in a conference all day in Barcelona and so can't update the site but will be sneaking peeps on progress on mobile.

Good luck everyone and see you again post deadline.
wba1978 likes this post
Regarding Marcus Maddison, Reading and West Brom have triggered his release clause. Understand the player is in talks with both clubs. Could be one to watch today. #WBA #wbafc #readingfc
Darren Moore has identified the former Newcastle United right back to solve right-back issues - but he will cost a pretty penny

Reports claim Steven Gerrard will demand as much as £7 million if he is to depart today.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »