Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
(06-08-2018, 19:44)WBA-Josh Wrote: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/august/g...hawthorns/

Phil, I wouldn’t really call myself optimistic. I don’t think this season will be a massive success in terms of expectations but I think we’ll be ok and get into the play-offs.

Big D says he's happy with the swap and as I have pledged to back him at least until October I will continue to do so.
I've been wrong before - fingers crossed i'm wrong with my thoughts again.
I think Gayle and Rondon is a clever move, as Gayle is a big scorer provided we give him the chances, and if Rondon can be pulled back after experiencing another season in the Prem it'll be great for us IF we get promotion. Also its a saver on the budget with wages. We have to hope none of our other big names want to move or are sold.

Lets see where we are after 4/5 games, or after Thursday and then worry, not before.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
For us to start playing attractive football again, in my opinion we need to move past playing with target men and instead look towards playing with more mobile, faster strikers. It’s no coincidence that the best football that we played in the Prem was when Peter Odemwingie and then Shane Long played as our lone strikers. They used to make intelligent runs in behind the opposition defence and had good movement off the ball to create space in the box.

Livermore - Brunt
Phillips - Morrison - Barnes
Gayle/Rodriguez
Money in ......
Evans 3.5 ,Foster 4 ,Mcclean 5 ,Rondon 2 = 14.5

Money out
Johnstone 5,Bartley 4, Scunthorpe Def 400k,= 9.4

Hope we have something up our sleeve. Rolleyes
4evaabaggie likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(06-08-2018, 21:49)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Money in ......

Money out

Hope we have something up our sleeve.   Rolleyes

Of course we do beefy ...... our arms Whistle Whistle Whistle
(06-08-2018, 22:48)4evaabaggie Wrote:

Money out

Of course we do beefy ...... our arms Whistle  Whistle  Whistle

But are they long enough to reach our pockets?
(06-08-2018, 20:02)betterthanbaird Wrote: Dwight Gayle is a brilliant finisher and he'll do great if we give him chances, could easily score 20/25 in the right side, honestly surprised that so many people see this signing as a bad thing. Whether we'll have a system to get the most out of him obviously remains to be seen but I think there's room for cautious optimism.

Good post ...... take last Saturday ...... 20 shots 3 on target ....... Dwight maybe the striker to change that statistic, had he played Saturday we may have been two or three goals up before their winner ...... having seen the goals on central news think Sam could have done better but not the best coverage to get a proper opinion ..... anyone agree or got a more detailed point of view?

(07-08-2018, 10:45)Baggievicar Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 22:48)4evaabaggie Wrote:

Money out

Of course we do beefy ...... our arms Whistle  Whistle  Whistle

But are they long enough to reach our pockets?

Need very long arms to reach the bottom of very deep pockets ....
Ozan Tufan.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...m-14999833

https://turkish-football.com/west-brom-m...enerbahce/

Tufan is a centre midfielder and one of Josef de Souza’s partners in midfield in recent seasons. Fenerbahçe have de Souza who does the box-to-box running and tackling, Topal is the anchor man and Tufan is more of a playmaker as well as box-to-box. At Fenerbahçe he has been mainly used as an 8 in a central 2 or 3 but has been also been used as a 10 so he would provide competition for Morrison in addition to Livermore.

If I remember correctly he was linked to us when Tony Pulis was still at the club.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ozan-tuf...ler/236471
Burnley back in for J Rod £18 million.
If he goes this should answer the question on if Jenkins and Lia are asset stripping? Or just say "NO" and prove me wrong.
(07-08-2018, 17:16)Phil Penn Wrote: Burnley back in for J Rod £18 million.
If he goes this should answer the question on if Jenkins and Lia are asset stripping? Or just say "NO" and prove me wrong.

Matej Vydra is close to joining Burnley from Derby with Wells going the other way. That means Burnley will have Wood, Barnes, Vokes and Vydra.

I hope that means that they don’t need Rodriguez.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »