Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
Slick, take a look on news now what, we are apparently in talks with Italian side Torino about them signing Gibbs ...... hoped the ins and outs would have been done early, we would know where we stood and could train and hit the ground running, all I can see / hear is thud ..... when we hit the ground like a sack of spuds. Hoping for the best, fearing the worst.

Shame the transfer embargo wasn't on the other side of brum at the seal sanctuary ........
(30-07-2018, 22:25)4evaabaggie Wrote: Slick, take a look on news now what, we are apparently in talks with Italian side Torino about them signing Gibbs ...... hoped the ins and outs would have been done early, we would know where we stood and could train and hit the ground running, all I can see / hear is thud ..... when we hit the ground like a sack of spuds. Hoping for the best, fearing the worst.

Shame the transfer embargo wasn't on the other side of brum at the seal sanctuary ........

I'm hoping there's no truth in this or at least they don't meet our valuation, as I wanted to see us start playing football again and thought Gibbs would be a key part in that.

If he's on astronomical wages and we loan him out to trim the wage bill, then that definitely reeks of free fall because we will have no cash for a replacement. I'd much rather we did what Newcastle did and gambled on high wage players going for promotion, especially as Gibbs must be the best left back in the league.

We will have to see how things pan out.

There's no doubt that there is time for us to get royally screwed over still in this window. But I'm keeping open minded *for now*
(30-07-2018, 22:37)Slick_Footwork Wrote:
(30-07-2018, 22:25)4evaabaggie Wrote: Slick, take a look on news now what, we are apparently in talks with Italian side Torino about them signing Gibbs ...... hoped the ins and outs would have been done early, we would know where we stood and could train and hit the ground running, all I can see / hear is thud ..... when we hit the ground like a sack of spuds. Hoping for the best, fearing the worst.

I'm hoping there's no truth in this or at least they don't meet our valuation, as I wanted to see us start playing football again and thought Gibbs would be a key part in that.

If he's on astronomical wages and we loan him out to trim the wage bill, then that definitely reeks of free fall because we will have no cash for a replacement. I'd much rather we did what Newcastle did and gambled on high wage players going for promotion, especially as Gibbs must be the best left back in the league.

There's no doubt that there is time for us to get royally screwed over still in this window. But I'm keeping open minded *for now*

We have had weeks to bring new players in (no excuses IMO), remember our window closes weeks before the European one does. So we could still lose players after the 9th. We may have to busy in the loan market so its not all bad news.
Had a look on the Italian sites for info on Gibbs and the information I’ve found is he is one of a couple players that Torino are looking at to replace Barreca at left back/left wing-back. The deal would be a loan with permanent deal at the end and it has been reported by Corriere Dello Sport among others.

If Gibbs does indeed go then he’ll have to be replaced. Brunt needs to be kept in his Regista role because of his passing and vision.
Maybe that is why Connor Townsend, a left back was signed at the weekend?
(30-07-2018, 23:15)Phil Penn Wrote:
(30-07-2018, 22:37)Slick_Footwork Wrote:

We have had weeks to bring new players in (no excuses IMO), remember our window closes weeks before the European one does. So we could still lose players after the 9th. We may have to busy in the loan market so its not all bad news.

Same goes for everyone though, there have been very few signings across the board really.

Other teams seem to be doing the same, as happens every window. If Burnley or West Ham are serious about Dawson for example, they should've sealed this deal already!

Really hope we have the balls to play hardball when teams come scrapping around us at the last minute. If we sell last minute and don't replace, then we will get what we deserve.
Just seen this, but as the last post of mine turned out to be fake news! i was a bit unsure of posting. but hey ho:

West Brom are very close to appointing Graeme Jones as Darren Moore's assistant manager. Jones - who was on the Belgium coaching staff at the World Cup - is expected for his first day of training on Thursday
(31-07-2018, 13:07)SpenB Wrote: Just seen this, but as the last post of mine turned out to be fake news! i was a bit unsure of posting. but hey ho:

West Brom are very close to appointing Graeme Jones as Darren Moore's assistant manager. Jones - who was on the Belgium coaching staff at the World Cup - is expected for his first day of training on Thursday

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...e-14972605
(31-07-2018, 00:00)WBA-Josh Wrote: Had a look on the Italian sites for info on Gibbs and the information I’ve found is he is one of a couple players that Torino are looking at to replace Barreca at left back/left wing-back. The deal would be a loan with permanent deal at the end and it has been reported by Corriere Dello Sport among others.

If Gibbs does indeed go then he’ll have to be replaced. Brunt needs to be kept in his Regista role because of his passing and vision.

Tom James - 22 year old from Yeovil being linked.
Newcastle gossip - Interested in Gibbs - Hegazi & Rondon - Newspapers stories
we have signed someone.....well, re-signed......welcome. Again. Boaz Laugh Laugh Laugh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »