Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
" If we are in the top 6 at the end of Sept great. give DM a raise, if we are in the bottom 6 give him the push.
Its that simple. No waiting / hanging around like we did with Pulis & Pardew."

The harsh reality that is football at the moment, maybe.... although I'd say Christmas not end of September.

I think BD has recruited players who want to be here and play for him and the club; personally I'd much rather have that kind of player than a gifted prima donna like Chadli.
With this in mind I think we'll be there or thereabouts this season Thumb up
Just seen on a facebook site that we have sold Rondon to the Toon for Gayle and £3m.
That's being ascribed elsewhere to a fake twitter account, Spen. May turn out to be true but don't bet the farm on it.
(30-07-2018, 13:23)Slick_Footwork Wrote: So if Dawson, Rondon and Chadli go for £45m plus, I doubt we will be shopping in Luton for replacements.

Totally agreed Slick, but we can't go shopping in Luton or anywhere else, if the shops are closed (for normal transfers, in just 9 days), my concern is, a day or two before the window closes, clubs come in with offers for the three you mention and we are stuffed.  I am trusting that the club has either received assurances from the players (for all they are worth these days) that they will not be moving on, or already have other players already lined up ready to sign if they do, though why a player would limit their options by agreeing to a "wait around, we may call you and sign you up or we may not", I have no idea.  Therefore I think a fair assumption that by that time, we will be talking to players no other club want. What could possibly go wrong Big Grin Big Grin
We sold Foster for 4 million as well guys
At last the sun is shining in Wales,
Beeched Whale Laugh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(30-07-2018, 17:24)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(30-07-2018, 13:23)Slick_Footwork Wrote: So if Dawson, Rondon and Chadli go for £45m plus, I doubt we will be shopping in Luton for replacements.

Totally agreed Slick, but we can't go shopping in Luton or anywhere else, if the shops are closed (for normal transfers, in just 9 days), my concern is, a day or two before the window closes, clubs come in with offers for the three you mention and we are stuffed.  I am trusting that the club has either received assurances from the players (for all they are worth these days) that they will not be moving on, or already have other players already lined up ready to sign if they do, though why a player would limit their options by agreeing to a "wait around, we may call you and sign you up or we may not", I have no idea.  Therefore I think a fair assumption that by that time, we will be talking to players no other club want.  What could possibly go wrong Big Grin  Big Grin

Love the" shops are closed" comment, Salop Big Grin
This position is the same for all clubs, is it not, and AGAIN shows the absurdity of the transfer window.

PS Beefy - nice and sunny here in Saundersfoot again Thumb up
Beefy 1965 likes this post
Blouse get FFP transfer ban.....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...ngham-city-

DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
Boy will I be glad when the 'shopamad' window closes and we can all see whose in and out of our team, and get on with the season ahead.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
Is anybody else worried about our defence?

The noises regarding Gibbs going are picking up and our back 4 for Saturday could be Cranie (if we sign him), Bartley, Hegazi and Townsend......does not fill me with confidence and buying the full back from League 2 strugglers Yeovil will not improve things.
(30-07-2018, 21:22)SomersetBaggie Wrote: Is anybody else worried about our defence?

The noises regarding Gibbs going are picking up and our back 4 for Saturday could be Cranie (if we sign him), Bartley, Hegazi and Townsend......does not fill me with confidence and buying the full back from League 2 strugglers Yeovil will not improve things.

Defence is a position of worry and even if we didn't sell anyone, I think we would need another centre half.

That said, we currently have Nyom, Dawson, Gibbs and Brunt at the club who are very capable. If any of these go, we would hope the money would be used to replace them, so I think it's highly unlikely that the defence you listed would start.

If Gibbs did go - and I've not heard the rumours myself - it would be more likely that Brunt would start at the left back and Barry or Field come into the middle of the park, rather than throwing Townsend straight in.

But you're right, we are definitely short there.

I think with the window closing early this year, it's actually created more worries than before. It was supposed to solve all of the uncertainty issues!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »