Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
(27-07-2018, 09:52)talkSAFT Wrote: STOP SUBSCRIBING TO SKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell no! they have babestation
(27-07-2018, 14:21)Imre varadi Wrote: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/26/do-...-a-mistak/ dont know how true this is as everybody wants him hes the best keeper in the league when hes fit ?

Hearing rumours we are now going to offer Myhill another contract after he was released Laugh

Connor Townsend from mighty Scunthorpe nearly done ?
LB to rival Gibbs if he stays ..

West Brom have reportedly beaten off interest from Hull City in the race to sign Conor Townsend from Scunthorpe United.

According to an exclusive report from fan-based Scunthorpe website Iron Bru, the Baggies will sign the player, with a deal expected to be confirmed over the weekend.
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Contrary to some reports, no deal's been agreed between #SUFC and #WBA for Conor Townsend as far as #Iron chairman Peter Swann knows. Laugh
Just wondering how this guy is going to improve the team? Unless i've missed something?
(27-07-2018, 20:28)Phil Penn Wrote: Just wondering how this guy is going to improve the team? Unless i've missed something?

My thoughts are that there are loads of players in the lower leagues who have the potential to step up 1,2 or however many levels. I guess this is where good scouting comes in - spotting that potential.
That then is just the start..... the new club has to bring that player on to realise that potential. Just because he's from a lower league doesn't mean he won't make it - all top level players must have started lower,  even youth/under 21/reserve teams of the Big 6 are a lower level.
Personally I love the thought of discovering a rough diamond like this. I'd rather us try this way than continually waste money on unmotivated ready made "stars" with huge egos. I think BD is after players with a hunger to prove themselves,  and I applaud that.
(27-07-2018, 21:24)drewks Wrote:
(27-07-2018, 20:28)Phil Penn Wrote: Just wondering how this guy is going to improve the team? Unless i've missed something?

My thoughts are that there are loads of players in the lower leagues who have the potential to step up 1,2 or however many levels. I guess this is where good scouting comes in - spotting that potential.
That then is just the start..... the new club has to bring that player on to realise that potential. Just because he's from a lower league doesn't mean he won't make it - all top level players must have started lower,  even youth/under 21/reserve teams of the Big 6 are a lower level.
Personally I love the thought of discovering a rough diamond like this. I'd rather us try this way than continually waste money on unmotivated ready made "stars" with huge egos. I think BD is after players with a hunger to prove themselves,  and I applaud that.

Whilst I agree with everything you have written.
I'm lets say underwhelmed. If he had been a Man Utd 2nd reserve and been kept out of the first team by some almighty so called super star fair enough. Bit like Johnstone? I'm fine with him joining us.  
Everyone has to start somewhere, but after 7 years becoming LB for SUFC doesn't give me a warm feeling. His WIKI shows just loans to lower league sides and a free transfer to SUFC. (I don't know anything about the guy in all honesty)
I agree about money motivated players with egos to match the wage demands are not always the answer, we certainly do need to be searching for hidden gems, but I cant see anything within this guys CV to suggest we have discovered one.
I maybe completely wrong and he could be the next Stathem - lets hope so.
I see what you're saying Phil - I'm just hoping that the club has identified something about him that is worth a punt... a la McAuley, for example
After three months of hot sunny weather just arrived in a wet and windy Wales
Thank you God Angry Sad Confused

Just seen this
Later guys

Not sure why it was denied yesterday but believe Conor Townsend has signed for #wba - announcement soon. Here's what to expect https://t.co/DjTYgwJp3e
(28-07-2018, 11:36)Beefy 1965 Wrote: After three months of hot sunny weather just arrived in a wet and windy Wales
Thank you God  Angry  Sad  Confused

No less than you deserve, Beef. Laugh Have a nice time Laugh
Beefy 1965 likes this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Townsend signed.

As long it's not as a replacement for Gibbs, I'll be happy.

I've got no problem with bringing in good young players from top sides in the division below and developing them gradually from back up to first team, like we did with Dawson. The positive sign is that he also looks like a 'footballer' who likes to go forward and chip in with assists and goals.

This would also suggest that DM see's Brunt as a midfielder and would explain why we haven't looked to replace Yacob.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »