Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
I would much rather keep Rondon, I listed my priorities for the club when Pardew had the push?
My top and most important was a new DOF (not the temp italian) is been almost 6 months and we have not
managed to fill the role - Ashworth has (according to the media) had talks with "Brighton" about doing a DOF
role for them. Can't understand as to why he wouldn't consider returning to us, I'm guessing again sorry?
Maybe we have asked and he's turned us down?
Anybody had any thoughts on if I was wrong to consider this a top priority?
Apart from Dan I've not heard anyone else mentioned.
I still hope that we will get Ashworth, I am not aware of him actually joining anyone as yet so until he does I live in hope. I think he was happy here the way he still speaks affectionately about the club, so if he were offered the job with an appropriate package I think he would consider it, as long as he had the support of the board and they agreed with what he wants to do.
Blue Baggie likes this post
IF .....this if true it's pretty damning ..........

According to push chairman Moore promised he would buy Madison from them when McLean was sold ......
Moore 'pestered' winger for five weeks before West Brom turning to Harvey Barnes
WBA chased this League One wideman, according to his club's owner
West Brom had been in regular contact with Peterborough United winger Marcus Maddison prior to the signing of Harvey Barnes, it’s been claimed.
Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony has revealed that Albion were chasing Maddison, 24, as a replacement for the outgoing James McClean, who completed his move to Stoke City over the weekend.
Instead, Albion turned to Leicester City and picked up young Barnes on a season-long loan deal.
Maddison has been linked with a number of Championship sides and may still leave London Road this summer, but it appears that the Baggies’ purported pursuit ended with the capture of England U20 star Barnes.
“Their manager [Darren Moore] pestered his agent and a contact of mine over a deal non stop last 5 weeks yes but club itself no. All very odd if im honest. But thats football. We move on,” MacAnthony tweeted, in response to an Albion fan.
“He told MM [Marcus Maddison] agent once McClean went, MM coming in building. Then went and got a loan winger in. Odd for sure. Very.”
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I've said before Darren needs to come out and say what constraints he's working under. Things like this put doubts into people's minds.
At the end of the day, he will be measured on results not his transfer dealings.
(26-07-2018, 10:19)Beefy 1965 Wrote: IF .....this if true it's pretty damning ..........

According to push chairman Moore promised he would buy Madison from them when McLean was sold ......
Moore 'pestered' winger for five weeks before West Brom turning to Harvey Barnes
West Brom had been in regular contact with Peterborough United winger Marcus Maddison prior to the signing of Harvey Barnes, it’s been claimed.
Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony has revealed that Albion were chasing Maddison, 24, as a replacement for the outgoing James McClean, who completed his move to Stoke City over the weekend.
Instead, Albion turned to Leicester City and picked up young Barnes on a season-long loan deal.
Maddison has been linked with a number of Championship sides and may still leave London Road this summer, but it appears that the Baggies’ purported pursuit ended with the capture of England U20 star Barnes.
“Their manager [Darren Moore] pestered his agent and a contact of mine over a deal non stop last 5 weeks yes but club itself no. All very odd if im honest. But thats football. We move on,” MacAnthony tweeted, in response to an Albion fan.
“He told MM [Marcus Maddison] agent once McClean went, MM coming in building. Then went and got a loan winger in. Odd for sure. Very.”

... gossip, gossip, gossip.... chat, rumour, bitching, 2 + 2 = 5....
Social bleeding media - what % rubbish, what % fact??

(Why pretty damning if true anyway Beefy? Things change!)
Drewks, I would say it's pretty damning if we're chasing league one players rather than trying to sign championship, premier league or higher standard European league players ....... which division are we aiming for next season, up or down?
We may have targeted him as a potential replacement but a better option came along so we signed him, I would rather we signed permanent players than loanees, as they may not have the same commitment to our club and its easier to build for the future when you know what bricks you have.
Morrison closing in on new deal?

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...west-brom/
So Barnes takes up a loan spot before the window closes.........( and what if he gets recalled)

Must mean Chairman Gouchan is going to spend money on other incomers.... Whistle Whistle

As an aside .. How many loanees can we have??

DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
He is look.......honest Smile

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/26/rep...ter-sheyi/

and will be using the money from -

https://turkish-football.com/west-brom-s...-cup-star/
(26-07-2018, 10:19)Beefy 1965 Wrote: IF .....this if true it's pretty damning ..........

It's pretty common in football to feel out 3 or 4 options when you only intend to sign 1 player. After all, you need backup options if the first choice player goes elsewhere.

In this case it appears that Barnes was our first choice and Maddison was a back up player. As we signed Barnes, the Maddison deal didn't come to fruition. I don't see any problem - it's not like we put an official bid in and cancelled it and the 11th hour, we simply spoke to the agent.

Peterborough obviously want to sell and are bitter and that's why this none story has hit the press.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »