Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
I know you are happy to see the back of McClean Beefy, but am I the only one who thinks it advisable to get a replacement BEFORE we release or sell players who we have no need to. As for McClean I just have two words for him and probably not would you would expect, they are Fletcher and Berawhine-o.

I still think at this point it is a mistake to sell anyone we do not have to and personally feel Yacob and McClean's style of play would be so much better suited to the Championship.
(20-07-2018, 13:45)Salopbaggie Wrote: I know you are happy to see the back of McClean Beefy, but am I the only one who thinks it advisable to get a replacement BEFORE we release or sell players who we have no need to.  As for McClean I just have two words for him and probably not would you would expect, they are Fletcher and Berawhine-o.

I still think at this point it is a mistake to sell anyone we do not have to and personally feel Yacob and McClean's style of play  would be so much better suited to the Championship.

We have a replacement lined up and close to joining Thumb up

https://t.co/DEH6ArgNDY
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Be absolutely chuffed if McClean goes.

For me he is the prime representative of the dross football era at the club. Yes, he works hard, puts himself about and will get in where it hurts but he's such a poor footballer to watch. He puts in the occasional decent cross, but this is about the limit of his ability. He can't pass, doesn't link up, doesn't break the lines and doesn't have a single trick to beat the full back. When your only trick is knock and run, you need a bit more pace that he's got.

To boot he always looked like he was going to get sent off. If you're going to be a liability, you need to be a lot better footballer than James McClean.

A couple of Derby fans suggested that Rowett is a bit like Pulis in style, just picks a team full of tall, huff and puff workhorses. Judging by the players he's signing at Stoke, it seems they are dead right.

Good riddance to this dull moron as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather use his salary to keep Chadli. We're well stocked in wide positions with Chadli, Phillips, Burke and Leko anyway - first 3 are definitely superior to McClean. Even Brunt, at his age, can perform better out wide than McClean can - although I see him more as a central player or left back now.
Reported in the Mail yesterday that Brighton had made an offer to Dan Ashworth.
We have fallen from the high levels achieved in both acquiring good players and on-field performances since Dan left for the FA and we should move heaven and earth to resign him.
drewks likes this post
I know I am in the majority.

But a motivated McClean was a threat and I enjoyed watching him on his day.

He was destroyed by Pulis and Pardew and might well be rejuvenated under BD.

Not looking forward to us playing against him.
Minority Huh
Although I don’t share his description of him as a “dull moron”, I do agree with Slick over MacLean’s contribution. I absolutely recognise his effort and I’d also say that his passion last season put others to shame (take a bow Evans and Barry) but this couldn’t make up for a real lack of an end product + the ability to create havoc for his own team, especially around our penalty area. So, thanks James for the commitment and the genuine desire to play for the team, good luck at Stoke but I think we can replace you with better.
West Brom will battle Middlesbrough and QPR to sign Iceland striker Vidar Orn Kjartansson, 28, from Maccabi Tel Aviv. (Birmingham Mail, via Mirror)

Newcastle's sale of Mitrovic will release funds for a £16.5m fee for West Brom's 28-year-old Venezuelan forward Salomon Rondon. (Star)

DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/vidar-or...ler/115607

15 goals in 35 last season.
West Brom  have made contact with the agent of Peterborough goal machine Jack Marriott, Darren Moore has apparently made him his No 1 target.

Marriott, 23, was in lethal form for Peterborough last season, scoring a stunning 33 goals in 56 appearances across all competitions.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »