Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
A stunning revelation really that has rocked Darren Moore's first week back with the players. Appears some players are at odds with the board, and it leaves Moore with pretty much a skeleton squad in Portugal. Tough start for him.
Matt Wilson express and star ,...
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Season tickets should be returned for a full refund under the sale of goods act and trade descriptions. DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
According to the BBC - WBA have turned down a £1m bid for Foster from Watford
(28-06-2018, 08:55)SpenB Wrote: According to the BBC - WBA have turned down a £1m bid for Foster from Watford

That miserly bid should tell Ben what they really think of him ...... he should stick to his promise and finish his career with us where he is really loved ........

Although, he has been a great player for us and is close to retirement, a few years left at the top levels, I would not begrudge him a couple more years in the sun (greed league) ..... after all, he had a good season and did all he could to keep us up ....... it was the rudderless head coaches and the outfield players that didn't, couldn't or weren't allowed to perform.
Isn't Ben doing a charity bike ride?

Can some one tell me who has actually left the Club. Reading social media it seems we only have a couple of players left.
(28-06-2018, 08:55)SpenB Wrote: According to the BBC - WBA have turned down a £1m bid for Foster from Watford

I thought they'd offered £10m a few days ago - I think it's a Mail/BBC misprint.
Watford have offered 10 million for Foster,good reporting that Doh

Anyway regarding Foster I have now found his tweet from April ..

April 10.

“I’ll be here. I’ve got no interest in trying to move clubs. I’m very settled and I’m sure there are quite a few others who would love to stay and help us get back to the Premier League.” - Ben Foster.

And then this ⬇️. Nice. #wba https://t.co/Cd0hz2SoEh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(28-06-2018, 10:30)4evaabaggie Wrote:

That miserly bid should tell Ben what they really think of him ...... he should stick to his promise and finish his career with us where he is really loved ........

Although, he has been a great player for us and is close to retirement, a few years left at the top levels, I would not begrudge him a couple more years in the sun (greed league) ..... after all, he had a good season and did all he could to keep us up ....... it was the rudderless head coaches and the outfield players that didn't, couldn't or weren't allowed to perform.

Agree entirely with you 4eva, but your first paragraph sums it up for me, why come out professing undying love for the club and saying family all settled kids happy at school if his head is still going to be turned by the greed league.

For all we moan about McClean jumping ship, give him the respect for being totally honest right from when we went down. I'll lose an awful lot of respect for Ben Foster if he turns out to be just another mercenary footballer, I actually gave him more credit than that and thought he was a great example of loyalty and integrity.
talkSAFT likes this post
i would agree about McClean, if, he left for a premier side but for Stoke???? Maybe he should chat with Berahino and Fletch first, that said Stoke would suit his play.
I think I've worked out what's going on. We won the division one title in 1919-20, and I think everyone at the club is utterly focused on repeating that feat for the centenary in 2019-20 season.
Perhaps someone should point out to them that in those days there weren't 2 other divisions above league one.
Dingle-Dingle likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »