Thread Rating:
Ched Evans
I happen to think this was a version of mob rule, but thats the society we live in now and as a community based business you have to be prepared for that!! I think as a society we have to be careful of letting social media dish out its own justice after the legal system has done its job. We need to let the justice system do what it does and in this case that is what exactly happened, he was tried, found guilty and jailed, there needs to be no further punishment dished out by social media.
You said it yourself, though, SCO, he has made it much worse for himself by not showing remorse.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
On the subject of social media and mob rule:

Have Sheffield United yet condemned the section of their support who hounded Evans's victim with an online campaign until she and her family had to change their identity and location?

Have Sheffield United yet condemned the section of their support who've abused the club's most high-profile supporters (and, for that matter, ordinary fans) who've spoken out against the re-signing of Evans on principle?

If they have and I've missed it, then fair enough. If they haven't, then I look forward to seeing how they get on in their brand new glass stadium, having abandoned football in favour of professional stone-throwing.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Point of order. Evans has only actually served half his sentence. He hasn't done his time.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
(22-11-2014, 02:22)SkadForLife-WBA Wrote: On the subject of social media and mob rule:

Have Sheffield United yet condemned the section of their support who hounded Evans's victim with an online campaign until she and her family had to change their identity and location?

Have Sheffield United yet condemned the section of their support who've abused the club's most high-profile supporters (and, for that matter, ordinary fans) who've spoken out against the re-signing of Evans on principle?

If they have and I've missed it, then fair enough. If they haven't, then I look forward to seeing how they get on in their brand new glass stadium, having abandoned football in favour of professional stone-throwing.

To be fair to them they put out a statement last week condemin both Jean Hatchett and her cronies for attacking businesses and patrons connected to the club and in the same statement condeming the attacks by their own supporters on the opponents of him signing with them.
But still nowt about the hate campaigns directed at the victim two years ago? Interesting.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
(22-11-2014, 18:52)Ska Wrote: But still nowt about the hate campaigns directed at the victim two years ago?  Interesting.

To be honest I don't know if they did or didn't, once he was sent down I stopped looking for news about the case. Their board have either completely misread the situation or underestimated responses all the way through this saga!!!
Ronnie Moore says he wants the nonce at Hartlepool.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Is a rapist a nonce?
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Thought that was a kiddy fiddler.

Like most footballer's his brains are below waist level. The really good one's have them all below knee level. This kid can kick a bag of wind but until he gets at least two of his brain cells to rub against each other between his ears he'll be vilified from one end of the country to the other.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »