Thread Rating:
Ched Evans
Contraversially coming back to Sheff Utd

Should he shouldnt he?

Clean slate and Christian forgiveness or sinner for life?
He'll put it about for them up front!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Its a tough one, the guy is a rapist, of that there is a conviction that says so, but he has served his time at Her Majesty's Pleasure so I suppose he should be allowed to return to society and get a job, just like you or I would be. The Blunts will get a lot of stick for this one but if they don't take him back, someone else will!!

By the way, this has been rumored for a while, is it now official??
turkeydinner likes this post
Awful crime but so was Lee Hughes' and many more probably. I doubt it will be an easy time for him. I'm sure every opposition fan will remind him of his crime every time he runs on to the pitch.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Evans crime in some ways was worse than Hughes. I am pretty sure Hughes never intended to kill anyone even if his actions were stupid and neglegent. Evans knew what he was doing was wrong!! Still as i say we live in a society that has a justice system and he has served his punishment.

And yes, he will get some serious stick from opposition fans at every game, as will the Blunts for taking him back!!
He's a Nonce!
The crime happened in Rhyl if your familiar with the place its a den of deprevation and not the greatest intellect would go there on a night out
I`m inclined to think although he was convicted alchohol and regrets impeded the actual reality of the situation
He`s served his time and hopefully can move on, our society is full of ex offenders and it shouldnt be like `les Miserables` those who have succesfully moved on and been given a second chance by society to prove their worth and taken it shouldnt have the past brought back at them at every corner for the rest of their life.
This is football though. He'll get some right stick.
Officially training with the Blunts now.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
They should get ready for the media circus and flak from all quarters to start now. Maybe this is just them helping an ex-player get back to some fitness, but its probably more likely them testing the reaction they get and giving them a chance to see if he still has the same ability he had before!!

Ironically, I think the majority of their fans will welcome him back, especially if he starts scoring goals like he was before all this. Most of the flak will come from the media, women's rights groups and people from outside the club, maybe they are right to choose to ignore the flak as it has nothing to do with the club. You don't see these groups standing outside a fatory complaining when they take a skilled machinist back who has been convicted of a sexual crime!! Evans is an easy target because he is in football but he deserves the stick nor the attention any more than any other sex offender.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »