Thread Rating:
Ched Evans
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30015701

Charlie Webster resigns as Sheffield United patron

I`m still very torn on the issue, I certainly feel that a UK court wouldnt convict someone of a crime like rape without absolute definite proof yet the crime scene being at a place that would make Vicki Pollard look like Mother Theresa dosent make it totally clear cut for me.
I think Whatever happens and I do think Evans does deserve to try and get on with his life now football or not that he should give back to the community to make amends for his actions in the past
I agree that released criminals should be able to start afresh if they are deemed to no longer be a threat. However there is something about rape, child abuse, etc that is repulsive and especially when the perpetrator is trying to return to a high profile career. It doesn't sit right with me.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
What doesn't sit right with me is his lack of remorse or recognition of the seriousness of the crime and his actions. He has done nothing to show he even realizes what he has done and the seriousness of it!! I don't think he is a threat to society but he has to show remorse!!
He looks to me like he is trying to play the victim.
(12-11-2014, 21:56)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: He looks to me like he is trying to play the victim.

He has done that all the way through and so have his supporters!! The problem is the conviction was perceived by many to be a bit dodgy, so a lot have continued to protest his innocence due to that conviction, and he has followed suit. A lot of blunts fans won't even acknowledge he is a rapist and keep referring to the possible appeal, but unless new evidence comes to light the conviction cannot be overturned. At some point he has to show remorse, until he does heshouldn't get a contract from anybody!! I see a number of the blunts corporate sponsors are already saying they will pull out if they sign him permanently.
So the fallout at Bumhole lane has started, and he is only training with them!!! One shirt sponsor has stated they will sever ties with them if he is signed and the other one has said they would re-evaluate the position if that happens. Three "celebrity" patrons of their community foundation have already resigned as well.

The blunts are not generally the most liked club in football already, if they go on and sign him they will just further tarnish their reputation. They may not care what other fans etc thnk about their club, but the commercial side will no doubt suffer and that is hard cash to the club. They are obviously hoping this will die down, and it will, but when they sign him it will kick off again 10 fold and then when he first plays it will ratchet up again.
I think the Jess Ennis statement is huge. If they go in the face of all this I believe they will regret it.
(13-11-2014, 20:23)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: I think the Jess Ennis statement is huge. If they go in the face of all this I believe they will regret it.

Not seen a statement from her, what did she say??
If they give him a contract she wants her name removed from the stand.
Just read it, and she is spot on. As I said, if he had showed some humility, remorse and recognition of the seriousness of the offence then I would have no problem with him returning to his trade, but in the abscence of this he should be shunned by all of football until he does!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »