Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
44 is way too young to peg it. Lost my dad when he was 50 and vowed to enjoy myself as much as possible after that, you only get one chance at life and who knows what's around the corner
I see some of our noisey neighbours are panicking about their season ticket refunds Laugh

If they supported a decent club they'd get their discounts up front. Tongue
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Kyle Dempsey's won Fleetwood's young player of the year award.
Alex Smithies wins the QPR player of the season. Would've been relegated without him.
Leyton orient fans have done a blackpool today. Invaded the pitch and got it abandoned.
Well they've just restarted after a two hour break.
This is what they should've done with our match.
(29-04-2017, 19:46)Lord Snooty Wrote: Leyton orient fans have done a blackpool today. Invaded the pitch and got it abandoned.
Well they've just restarted after a two hour break.
This is what they should've done with our match.

Even though you don't want to see fans on the pitch and a game getting abandoned, for fans of clubs like Orient or Blackpool its just about the only thing they can do!!! Boycotting games is counter productive as that may kill the club entirely, you really have to feel for their fans and the plight they find themselves in!!
Really feel sorry for Leyton Orient and their fans. A grand old club. I lived in Walthamstow from '79 to '88 and often strolled down to Brisbane Road to take in a game. Without a shadow of a doubt the best, most long suffering and good humoured and knowledgeable fans in London.
How strange when Burnley were on their uppers I asked an 'Os fan to buy me a programme [curiosity value] for their last match of the season at Turf Moor. Why? Because if Burnley had lost they'd be out of the league and I'd got a programme of the match at Maine Road in 1960 [?] when Burnley drew 1-1 to become League Champions.
Strange to think that Burnley operate in the premiership now [and should be an inspiration to all us 'small town' clubs] but Orient are out of the League. Yet again a fine club is ruined by questionable ownership [to be polite.] Good luck for the future Orient. Your biggest asset is your great heart.
UTT!
Lord Snooty likes this post
There were some Orient fans at the JSS last week for the Fulham match. We went for a Costa Coffee afterwards and then walking back to the car we saw them being introduced to Sean Scannel and Philip Billing.
Didn't stop to nosey, but assumed they must've been friends of that Orient /Town fan who got killed in a road accident recently.
Hope they get their troubles sorted soon. Teams that get relegated out of the league can take years to get back if they don't bounce straight back.
York have plummeted to conference north in two seasons. It would be sad for orient to fall to conference south. Its a slippery slope once you get on it. Look at pompey
Nice bit of irony here. Blackpool are refusing to sell tickets to Orient fans for the final match of the season, fearing a pitch invasion. Rolleyes
JUSTASILLYOLDGIT and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »