Thread Rating:
The Push for Promotion - Act 2 Season 2015-16
CC is an unknown clearly proving himself capable of producing good, point winning football. It sounds like he's on board with us and not interested in big money or big clubs. Which is sensible really, because as an unknown, should he go to a top club and fail miserably it'll undo all the hard work he's done to get where he is now.

A couple more successful seasons in English football and he'll be getting global offers. I think he's enjoying the challenge of rebuilding a sleeping giant from scratch with his own trademark on us so to speak.
Wouldn't any manager relish it?
Where's match thread?
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
do the match thread someone i think charlies forgot ? i cant dont have time off to work bye bye !!
I'll do it in next hour or so if no one else steps in. Just on my way home atm
peiowl likes this post
Nice one Thurny. Appreciate you throwing one up before you're doing the same tonight Laugh

Just read this. not sure what to make of the poor blogging but the statistics regarding CC are interesting.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/opinion...a-one-off/
(08-04-2016, 16:37)Statesideowl Wrote: Nice one Thurny. Appreciate you throwing one up before you're doing the same tonight Laugh

Just read this. not sure what to make of the poor blogging but the statistics regarding CC are interesting.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/opinion...a-one-off/

It's tomorrow night ill be throwing up, gotta wwork in the morning
I'll have the thread up in the next 30 mins or so. Traveling back home yesterday evening from Florida, got back in the early hours, back and now have access to my laptop.
Thurnscoe_OWL and peiowl like this post
Thought I would look up the statistics in the light of our defensive collapse at Bristol.

Hunt - 29 matches, 9 clean sheets, 28 goals conceded
Palmer - 13 matches, 7 CS, 13 goals
Lees - 31 matches, 12 CS, 31 goals
Loovens - 26 matches, 13 CS, 21 goals
Turner - 10 matches, 2 CS, 14 goals
Hutchinson - 5 matches, 2 CS, 3 goals
Sasso - 13 matches, 3 CS, 13 goals
Pudil - 31 matches, 10 CS, 33 goals
Bennett - 3 matches, 3 CS, 0 goals
Helan - 3 matches, 1 CS, 3 goals
Wiggins - 6 matches, 2 CS, 6 goals

These figures are raw figures and don't take account of the fact that Palmer only gets picked for away matches, particularly the tough ones whereas Hunt gets left out of tough matches. Here is a table based upon goals conceded per game:

1. Bennett 0
2. Hutchinson 0.6
3. Loovens 0.81
4. Hunt 0.97
5. Palmer 1.0
6. Lees 1.0
7. Sasso 1.0
8. Helan 1.0
9. Wiggins 1.0
10. Pudil 1.06
11. Turner 1.40

Probably more important in the Playoffs would be the likelihood of getting a clean sheet so here is a table based upon the likelihood of a clean sheet:

1. Bennett 100%
2. Palmer 54%
3. Loovens 50%
4. Hutchinson 40%
5. Lees 39%
6. Helan 33%
7. Wiggins 33%
8. Pudil 32%
9. Hunt 31%
10. Sasso 23
11. Turner 20%

We perform best with Palmer, Lees & Loovens in the back four. With limited data, Bennett looks best at LB.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Club don't expect to get punished over the loanee fiasco from the Bristol City game.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Forgetting last week's shocker, i really wish for you guys to win the play-offs so you can meet WBA, and allow us the 6pts, Whistle now we don't have the Villa.

Good luck

BBB
Statesideowl, St Charles Owl, Washington like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »