Thread Rating:
The Celtic juggernaut unstoppable now?
Like beaton last week its hard to find any rational explanation at some of his decisions.

Holt and miller both made reckless,dangerous challenges that are against the rules of the game in his full sight.You can see miller panic for a second afterwards until he remembers who the official is.Holts foul on roberts was another yellow card. The pk was undeniable (the 2nd challenge was waist high ffs)  and even hill admitted so afterwards,and there is a good argument he should have had 2 yellows too..... and as you say the brown 'foul' Laugh

I can't see how that scale of ineptitude can exist. Rodgers was fairly measured afterwards...a lot of other managers wouldnae have been.
It just proves to me that there is a biased 'agenda' attached to certain referees in Scotland and the proof is visible on the pitch with three words that validate the insinuation - 'common sense decisions' that are somehow ignored and we can all see it and wonder why! I forgot to mention the Forrester lunge on Craig Gordon where he actually 'played' the goalie, made contact and could've hurt him quite badly! And ignored by this ref Madden??? I just watched a rerun of that waist high 'assault' on Griffiths in the Rangers pen box and I hope certain posters on this board cut out any reference to the 'incompetence factor' - utter crap, naive and there is indeed an agenda in games that Celtic have to overcome in spite of the partiality of certain referees!! Rolleyes Also curious to listen to the bbc Sportscene comments and the contrary opinion of Steven Thompson, an ex Rangers man, and Mikey Stewart who generally calls 'a spade, a spade'! Rolleyes Mikey Stewart scathing of the Hill tackle and Holt's scissor challenge while Thompson dismissive of both incidents!!! Then Thompson subsequently moves towards Rangers having a chance in their Scottish Cup semi-final. You always have a chance but I'd call it a very slim chance even though Rangers have apparently never lost a Scot Cup semi-final to Celtic in over 90 years. IMO the main reason for today's draw was Dembele's drop in striking form + certain bizarre refereeing decisions. It wouldn't surprise me if Dembele scores a 'hat trick' at Hampden as Rodgers employs sheer pace to absolutely rip into Rangers defence, which is definitely suspect. However, the refereeing appointment will be of particular 'interest' when considering Rangers realistic chance of winning this match - an absolutely ludicrous consideration but valid TBF!! Thumb down
Stewart has no axe to grind and as ever called it spot on. I shouldn't have to remind anyone of the times the lodge crew madden,beaton,muir,mclean and co ltd have robbed hibs in games either.

It will never change until there is root and branch reform at the SFA.
Reform at the SFA?? Thanks Jim I needed a laugh
ritchiebaby likes this post
I honestly don't know were to start on yesterdays ref.
After just 7 mins Miller goes in 2 footed off the ground against Armstrong, ref sees it as he gave the foul but not even deemed a yellow
Waghorn during the whole of his game he was obviously playing the man and not the ball when challenging in the air, his eyes were on the defender not the flight of the ball.
His playing of advantage, when not advantage was accrued, and stopping the game when there was. Every time a celtic player went near the ball any contact was a foul to Rangers.
Brown taken out off the ball.
Holt's scissor tackle on Roberts
The foul that wasn't a foul before the rangers goal.
And finally no pen?? just how was that not a pen?
Assuming it wasn't a pen then surly the manhandling of lee out side the area is a foul and a yellow card, as not advantage was given to celtic.

Ye we where poor, Dembele was terrible.
But one thing is clear I know most supporters of teams outside Glasgow conflate the support given to rangers and assume we get the same. I think yesterday proves otherwise.

yesterdays performance by the ref is the reason why Celtic for all our dominance in the leagues at various times have only ever won 3 trebles.
I would expect Rodgers to demand Lawwell does something.

O ps
I don't know how it sounded on the Telly but at least 2 occasions the Famine song was belted out, as well as lots of the Billy boys.
I don't expect the SFA to have heard a word though
0762 likes this post
Yep! A good summary and there were far too many iffy 'incidents' to even attempt to defend Madden, who, like other ref culprits, walks away unchallenged again! The accountability of the SFA was mentioned in another thread and I've previously commented that there is a 'mechanism' in place to deal with unacceptable performances by SFA referees - the observer system! I regard it's operation to be in disrepute and I would love to be offered a job to impartially score professional football referees in Scotland and conduct subsequent private performance interviews to glean their explanations re observed 'misdemeanours' - that would be fun!! An effective demotion mechanism appears to be non-existent up here!
PS: IMO Celtic are better equipped to win certain matches 'in spite of partial or incompetent referees' but other Scottish footie clubs just have to 'take it on the chin' as I've observed many times in years gone by.
Everytime i think we've seen the worst refereeing performance some other xxxx comes along and tops it. The early 'challenge' from miller was horrific and if he'd made contact he could have finished that celtic players career. I know its a derby and you are going to get some rough stuff but that was definitely over the score.

Sunday was an outrageously bad standard of reffing,definitely well dodgy. But as I've said before the SFA is more likely to reward these kind of performance than demote.
They media reaction to this is very unsurprising
Very few of them get the rules of the game.
Radio Clyde gave a bitter blue air time last night saying that holts challenge was a good challenge, BFDJ agreed with him FFS.
the don't even know the rules, it doesn't matter if you touch the ball, if you make contact with the player
"Foul
A foul is when a player attempts to tackle his opponent who is in possession of the ball but does not win the ball. By tackling an opponent this way it may mean that the player may lose the advantage they had.
Certain tackles are considered fouls even if the ball is won. These include:-
Tackle from behind – when a player slides the opponent from behind either through him or round his legs." (nicked shamelessly from the FA guidance to refs)
this covers that tackle perfectly and the Hill tackle

So shocking that our media haven't a clue or are simply bias, will let you make your mind up about that
I'll add one additional comment that generally many pundits and media people randomly attempt to change the rules of pro football to suit a very biased argument TBF. I watched this kinda scenario down the years where the rules are universal and cover all grades of soccer and not just the demands of pro footie! And yet we watch some really igorant comments made by people who are unaware of the rules let alone common sense when for example a defender kicks through the back of a player to win a football - it's a foul at any level!!
Perhaps the SFA have introduced "local rules" to cover a situation where the "wrong" team is winning. Rolleyes
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »